Gaming wii u is it really?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we ever get a Metroid that features a realistic looking Samus or a Zelda with photogenic Link...I'm out. I'm happy with this stuff for some other games, but some franchises are meant to look like video games.

I'm more for style over impressive polywhatsits. Take a look at Wind Waker, people pissed and moaned that it looked nothing like the Space World demo and they were all "derp derp Nintendo killed Zelda"....completely forgetting that Zelda has ALWAYS been cartoony. Now lets look at the Space World demo:

Now first off, it would look worse than that...and that looks dated enough as it is. What keeps me coming back to WW is the charm, its got a timelessness quality to it.

Got myself an original Xbox lately, some very good games on there...however most have aged (especially Halo) and some look overly shiney, a lot of the games I feel like I'm controlling action figures. However Metroid Prime & Starfox Adventures still looks pretty damn good lookswise...again its down to a different style.

So far from what we've seen its pretty much on par with what is done on PC (though what is done on PC isn't the best the PC can do). ACIII footage shows it can do the latest good looking graphics and Pikmin 3 & Project P-100 shows there can be a shit load of stuff on the screen. These are just the first gen Wii U titles, once devs use it more than will get more out of it.

Reactions: 3 people

JN_big3

Trophies
XP
Country
Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Wii U forums?

Anyway, Wii U looks promising. Cool controller, HD, Better graphics than the Wii, Backwards Compatible with the Wii. But really graphics is useless if The game is crap.

Who else here is disappointed in the system, and from what i saw the graphics loo really under powered. I don't know about anyone else but i don't want another wii.

Yes because we all know graphics mean EVERYTHING that makes a game good.

Not all games with good graphics makes the game good. Zelda games are on of those games that didn't have those realistic graphics and realistic movements, but it had a cool story and gameplay which made the Zelda games very good.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

Not all games with good graphics makes the game good. Zelda games are on of those games that didn't have those realistic graphics and realistic movements, but it had a cool story and gameplay which made the Zelda games very good.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sarcasm

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe you haven't noticed, but that's pretty much what every kid these days thinks, lol. I'm ashamed to say that even my younger brother won't try something if it isn't full of eye candy.

He used this picture
eb6.jpg

Dude. I deleted the sodding picture, let it go.

I posted that before you edited your post.
But next time avoid insulting anyone, you may cause a flamewar unnecessary ;)
Now let bygones be bygones :D

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The graphical (and processing prowless) can never be fully shown in E3.

The system looks quite decent and definitely a 5000% step up from the Wii, whether it would be defeated by PS4/Nextbox that I'm unsure but I'm confident that the Wii U will not be as badly "condemned" as a casual system compared to the Wii.

Subzero100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well they sure ticked off alot of people by making they entire conference a casual affair, and this is what really worried me and alot of other people. A while ago i saw a complete demo of assassins creed 3 excellent game, visuals, etc they nailed that, but where was that at their conference? in place of that we got a karaoke game, nintendo land?, and new super mario bros..again? how many of theses are they 5 now. Besides that they had a new game they wasn't even mentioned i thin it's called project something that looked interesting, but not interesting enough to put in their conference. I have to wonder what direction they are going with this thing im still kinda confused there, and if they are looking for the casuals to buy this thing again like wii....it's not going to happen they moved on to this thing called cell phone gaming a long time ago.

p.s: pikmin was the one good thing they showed besides the zombie thing.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
yeh its a shame gfx carry so much clout thesedays , my sons upstairs playing cod mw3 on ps3 and wont touch anything else , i still play MOH : Spearhead on the Pc gfx are bland .. gameplay is untouchable.... much more fun.... the new MOH's didnt touch it ...

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's wrong with visuals, they look good, and you know games are only going to look better in time. Remember the tech demo of Zelda on the game cube at space world, and then look at twilight princess on the game cube. This happens everytime a system launches, the initial games aren't the most glorious looking (though still look great) and in time the true power of the system becomes much more clear with later and greater titles.

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
the thing i find funny is all the games being release with a few "extras" that have almost been out a year already! are people really going to buy them???

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the thing i find funny is all the games being release with a few "extras" that have almost been out a year already! are people really going to buy them???
If they're ported to the Wii U, probably. Maybe they were'nt able to get them before, but now that the Wii U has them available, they can buy them? Or, maybe they just want the new stuff.

*Wishes for an HD Xenoblade remake*

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
also, do we know if the touchscreen can play video files or has usb ports? can it be used away from the console? if its a portable media player then i may be a bit swayed....

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also, do we know if the touchscreen can play video files or has usb ports? can it be used away from the console? if its a portable media player then i may be a bit swayed....

I bet video streaming services will work away from the console like Netflix (this is assuming the controller itself n receive wifi away from the console). However, the controller almost definitely won't have a hard drive or the ability to insert a memory card (think we'd have heard of something like that by now), so to play video files you own away from the console probably won't happen.

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country

I bet video streaming services will work away from the console like Netflix (this is assuming the controller itself n receive wifi away from the console). However, the controller almost definitely won't have a hard drive or the ability to insert a memory card (think we'd have heard of something like that by now), so to play video files you own away from the console probably won't happen.

awwww dammit. they missed a trick there!

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 2 people

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some old school games STILL are great to replay in spite of the graphics: Resident Evil 2....Beyond Good & Evil...Shadow Of The Colossus.....
But the Wii U will still be a good system, even if it does'nt match up to the other 2 consoles...
My point: Graphics are not everything to make a game GOOD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative