Hacking Wii U Homebrew Situation and FAQ

loco365

Trophies
XP
I wouldn't. If an update slips through your filters somehow, standby and quickstart will automatically install it. Better safe than sorry.

It shouldn't, as the URL I used covers multiple IP Addresses. As long as that update address doesn't change, I'm fine. And even then, it's hardcoded into the system, so it cannot change, and therefore, cannot slip through. Only if my access point was factory reset (And even then, I'd have to set it up again) would I be screwed.

Edit: It just tried to download the update again, and errored out with the code 108-0066.

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't, as the URL I used covers multiple IP Addresses. As long as that update address doesn't change, I'm fine. And even then, it's hardcoded into the system, so it cannot change, and therefore, cannot slip through. Only if my access point was factory reset (And even then, I'd have to set it up again) would I be screwed.

Edit: It just tried to download the update again, and errored out with the code 108-0066.

I wouldn't leave standby on if I were you. I had the updates blocked by my router and somehow the 5.1 update slipped through. It's really not worth the few seconds that the quickstart menu cuts out. For the record my wii was failing to update as well so I know it was working.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think I am screwed. I am on 5.0 and it just told me that an update is ready, even though I had all those addresses blocked in my router.
I even tested if the blocking feature worked in my router by blocking google.com, which did prevent me from accessing Google.

EthralSSB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
vWii isnt affected by any updates from what I've read here is this true? If i need to update when hyrule warriors comes out will the update mess anything up?

Nossi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wanted to stay on 5.0.0 but I gave in to my craving of playing online with my friends :P

Future proof exploit please! :D
Great work by the way. And it says on the first post that you haven't been granted access to the kernel yet. Hasn't Chadderz and MrBean35000vr already done this? :/

NWPlayer123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to stay on 5.0.0 but I gave in to my craving of playing online with my friends :P

Future proof exploit please! :D
Great work by the way. And it says on the first post that you haven't been granted access to the kernel yet. Hasn't Chadderz and MrBean35000vr already done this? :/
1) Future-proof is impossible until we can get a more permanent exploit IE being able to install stuff. For now we're just gonna have to exploit bugs in WebKit
2) Yes but they haven't shared it with anybody so we're trying to find our own.

Reactions: Margen67

Nossi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1) Future-proof is impossible until we can get a more permanent exploit IE being able to install stuff. For now we're just gonna have to exploit bugs in WebKit
2) Yes but they haven't shared it with anybody so we're trying to find our own.

when you do get access to the kernal, will you be able to install things on to cafe?

fredajt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everybody, i have one question : we have acces to what the webkit has acces but we don t have access to the file system. That i don t understand because i suppose the browser must put some files in cache on the storage or by dowloading ? like games ?
Thank you for lighting me

NWPlayer123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everybody, i have one question : we have acces to what the webkit has acces but we don t have access to the file system. That i don t understand because i suppose the browser must put some files in cache on the storage or by dowloading ? like games ?
Thank you for lighting me
Yes, as was discussed in the aptly named "Wii U Hacking Discussion" thread, no, we don't have access to the filesystem, but the files being used are stored in the memory when the browser is running, allowing us to dump all the data from the memory and find the files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...