Hacking Wii U Homebrew Preparation

conradcervantes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost feels like this question is unnecessary, but I just wanted to cover my tracks: if I block those domains to prevent the system firmware from being updated, does that mean I also cannot download game updates as well? I have a big feeling the answer is no I can't, but I just wanted to confirm while the question was still fresh in my head.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Almost feels like this question is unnecessary, but I just wanted to cover my tracks: if I block those domains to prevent the system firmware from being updated, does that mean I also cannot download game updates as well? I have a big feeling the answer is no I can't, but I just wanted to confirm while the question was still fresh in my head.
um correct
so it'll let you in any game that still needs an update
it'll tell you the server's "busy" and to try again later if done right

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I have question.

I've blocked the domain names in my router.
nintendowifi.net
wii.com
shop.nintendo.net

Works fine for most, but 2 of the urls are givving an error rather than being blocked by my router.
nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net

Is that normal?
The error is that the connection was refused when I try them in my browser.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have question.

I've blocked the domain names in my router.
nintendowifi.net
wii.com
shop.nintendo.net

Works fine for most, but 2 of the urls are givving an error rather than being blocked by my router.
nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net

Is that normal?
The error is that the connection was refused when I try them in my browser.
They're not urls you can actually go to, you need authentication that only system apps use. Just block them and call it a day. Dunno why it'd fail to add them though.
try just shop.nintendowifi.net and shop.nintendo.net

Reactions: Nollog

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
They're not urls you can actually go to, you need authentication that only system apps use. Just block them and call it a day. Dunno why it'd fail to add them though.
try just shop.nintendowifi.net and shop.nintendo.net
Yeah that's what I thought.

I just blanket blocked the domains rather than each individual one, so "safe" (already too late anyway)

Reactions: NWPlayer123

Deleted member 371991

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Would it be OK to buy a new WII U now (live in Germany)? I suppose it would contain Firmware 5.4? I'd like to have a new Wii U (my first one) and I could wait a little before being able to homebrew if the firmware is still a bit too new to be hacked. Would that be OK or would you not recommend it? Of course I'd block all internet access from there on out. Thanks for any advice!

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be OK to buy a new WII U now (live in Germany)? I suppose it would contain Firmware 5.4? I'd like to have a new Wii U (my first one) and I could wait a little before being able to homebrew if the firmware is still a bit too new to be hacked. Would that be OK or would you not recommend it? Of course I'd block all internet access from there on out. Thanks for any advice!
Well, you wouldn't be able to run homebrew as soon as the people on 5.3.2, but 5.4 is better than 5.5, there's a good chance the Webkit exploit may come out soon for use on it, but the kernel exploit's patched on 5.5, so avoid at all costs

THA-REAPER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What can I do if I'm on 5.2.0 firmware and I want to update, but not to the latest firmware? I kind of stopped playing my Wii U all together since the exploit started and since have gotten a new ISP.

hbk2004v1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI SO YOSHIS WOLLY world is 100% 5.3.2 firmware the uk version right ? , my wiiu is on old 3.0 firmware so i can buy that game and safely update and use the exploit ? are pirated games playable yet ?

Last edited by hbk2004v1,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI SO YOSHIS WOLLY world is 100% 5.3.2 firmware the uk version right ? , my wiiu is on old 3.0 firmware so i can buy that game and safely update and use the exploit ? are pirated games playable yet ?
Yes and yes

Although you may not want to update past 5.2.0 if you want to access the upcoming IOSU exploit

hbk2004v1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think i would, this current hack is complicated btw would i still need super smash bros u for IOSU exploit is it still worth buying , but the thing is i bought yoshi wolly world and i did want to play it and i would need to be on 5.3.2 to even play that so i dont know what to do now ?

also can i run loadline on 5.2.0 ?

Last edited by hbk2004v1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii