Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Bkool999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice, but looks like it is pretty slow...
too bad, I would already start playing Spawn in Demons Hand, but I cant do with low FPS
Complete speculation here, but if we had a build for Reicast (another Dreamcast emulator) it might run better than nulldc would to begin with, since Reicast is targeted towards lower-powered devices. My Galaxy S3 could run Sonic Adventure with decent play-ability. It could run SA2 well, too... After changing a few settings, but still.

EDIT: I accidentally typed Sonic Advanture before. I feel like that has meme potential, lol.

Last edited by Bkool999,
Reactions: canariobr

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-would-you-like-to-see-in-iosu.411924/
Done, IOSU speculation should get haywire now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As above stated, it's not about power, it's about porting.
Judging by SADX, the Wii could run Dreamcast in power, but no one has gotten around to code it, or has had issues doing so

joacosur15

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What if we start something like a homebrew kickstarter?

I had that idea but my english isn't so good for make a full post and explain all.. Basically you can propose a homebrew that you want, but you have to commit to donate some amont to the dev.. For example (and is real), i really want see KODI in my wii u and be able to play 1080p files smoth, i will donate $100 to the person who can port that (maybe is not so difficult, is already an older version for PPC mac), and if another person want the same than i, the amount increase... Is like wololo did with the vita.. To impulse the scene in our wii u with the incoming IOSU hack.. We also give a percentage of the collect amount to the devs who made the homebrew in the wii u possible.. Like Hykem, Mario, Mathew, and all involved in the libwiiu, remember they do the hard part for us, in his free time...

But be serious, don't start posting crap with ideas like "time machine", "play ps4 games", and that shit, i know you guys, i know what you are thinking little bastards! Is a way to impulse the scene.. The capitalism way, but it work..

What do you think guys? Someone can help me to write the full post with that idea? Now are 77 peoples viewing this post, maybe 10 are from Nint**do waiting to patch the hykem exploit, the rest if can donate only $1 to the project that you wish (again, no PS4 games), you will make a big difference in this scene! (insert cat photo here).

What do you think guys? The scene want you! and you! and you! (insert uncle tom photo).

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if we start something like a homebrew kickstarter?

I had that idea but my english isn't so good for make a full post and explain all.. Basically you can propose a homebrew that you want, but you have to commit to donate some amont to the dev.. For example (and is real), i really want see KODI in my wii u and be able to play 1080p files smoth, i will donate $100 to the person who can port that (maybe is not so difficult, is already an older version for PPC mac), and if another person want the same than i, the amount increase... Is like wololo did with the vita.. To impulse the scene in our wii u with the incoming IOSU hack.. We also give a percentage of the collect amount to the devs who made the homebrew in the wii u possible.. Like Hykem, Mario, Mathew, and all involved in the libwiiu, remember they do the hard part for us, in his free time...

But be serious, don't start posting crap with ideas like "time machine", "play ps4 games", and that shit, i know you guys, i know what you are thinking little bastards! Is a way to impulse the scene.. The capitalism way, but it work..

What do you think guys? Someone can help me to write the full post with that idea? Now are 77 peoples viewing this post, maybe 10 are from Nint**do waiting to patch the hykem exploit, the rest if can donate only $1 to the project that you wish (again, no PS4 games), you will make a big difference in this scene! (insert cat photo here).

What do you think guys? The scene want you! and you! and you! (insert uncle tom photo).
It's theoretically been possible to do for almost 2 years, you only need userspace, and they have a nice fancy H264 decoder library so trying to feed it in shouldn't be too difficult, it's just the network speeds are awful so it'd probably have to cache a ton or use physical media like SD or USB.

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
It's theoretically been possible to do for almost 2 years, you only need userspace, and they have a nice fancy H264 decoder library so trying to feed it in shouldn't be too difficult, it's just the network speeds are awful so it'd probably have to cache a ton or use physical media like SD or USB.
[/SHAMELESSPLUG]if you want to talk about what you want devs to do for IOSU, there's a thread with that title at the top of the page [/SHAMELESSPLUG]

joacosur15

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes but maybe the best option for the scene now is start over, with the possibilities of the new IOSU hack, now we will have USB access, that's perfect and necessary for the most used homebrew, like media players, emulators... (N really do it good, blocking that in userspace and expresso). That in my opinion will give a impulse to the scene.. It need a homebrew loader too, maybe this will the frist in appear, a app that you launch trough browser and give you IOSU permission, to start the homebrew that you want from you SD card or USB.. No more mii maker or SSB trick to gain SD access..

EstPC13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
He is a dev/part of the wiiudev team lol.
I know that, was talking to the other guy

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes but maybe the best option for the scene now is start over, with the possibilities of the new IOSU hack, now we will have USB access, that's perfect and necessary for the most used homebrew, like media players, emulators... (N really do it good, blocking that in userspace and expresso). That in my opinion will give a impulse to the scene.. It need a homebrew loader too, maybe this will the frist in appear, a app that you launch trough browser and give you IOSU permission, to start the homebrew that you want from you SD card or USB.. No more mii maker or SSB trick to gain SD access..
Agree, awesome, I actually never got to experience Rage Attack Failed (get it?) I've been in 5.5.0 for quite a while, and I'll never have to:)

joacosur15

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Agree, awesome, I actually never got to experience Rage Attack Failed (get it?) I've been in 5.5.0 for quite a while, and I'll never have to:)
Hope the IOSU exploit will be more stable than the race attack exploit, the new browserhax is in my opinion more stable than the used in 5.3.2. So is a progress..

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
All these more ambitious emulators and homebrew projects are only going to appear if the Wii U scene is a success like the 3DS scene.

If it ends up being a damp squib like the Vita scene, the best we can really hope for is a Retroarch port (if we're lucky).

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/SHAMELESSPLUG]if you want to talk about what you want devs to do for IOSU, there's a thread with that title at the top of the page [/SHAMELESSPLUG]
Your thread is full of shitty old memes and I don't like it.
I don't care how mean this post is. I stand firmly by it.

Reactions: yahoo

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
Really miss old xbox scene days... there was a technical subforum for people who actually wanted to learn code and all workings of console and also make homebrew. This forum is more for people that don't undertake the time and effort it is to find such exploits. If I was hykem I would brick everyone consoles! Everyone needs to just wait until done

Last edited by hashcheck1,

Wurztha

Admìn MoFo :P
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't, Wii U games aren't sold in my country and I have a Canadian Wii U

I'm intrigued, why would you buy a console if you can't get games for it?

With regards to this thread maybe the staff could make it so that only technical people can post in it and have a separate thread for Q&A? Would massively help to keep things on topic...

Reactions: Deleted-355425

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'm intrigued, why would you buy a console if you can't get games for it?

With regards to this thread maybe the staff could make it so that only technical people can post in it and have a separate thread for Q&A? Would massively help to keep things on topic...
I thought I could just go to the Eshop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==