Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I've mentioned before, this flaw in particular should only work on firmwares lower than 5.2.0. What I'm working on will work on any firmware version.

Good news is that there are two exploits being worked on now ?
If I understand this whole IOSU story right, then it's safe to assume that the real action lies in IOSU kernel access.
How many kernel functions does the IOSU have ? And how high (or low) would you rate the possibility that we MAYBE see more than 1 IOSU kernel exploit in the Wii U life cycle? (if we even see 1 of course :D)

Hykem

Trophies
XP
Country
People are think that your IOSU just will work with 5.3.2 but will work up to 5.5.0, is a SAME RELEASE will work with firmware up to 5.5.0. Am I right? So this work is taking longer than normal, if IOSU just work with 5.3.2 i think was more easy and faster. There was a 1 kernel Exploit working on 5.5.0 that @MN1 said but browser exploit needed to be fixed (i dont know the situation now if you and them find a solution and solved).
I think (my opinion) when your working IOSU 5.5.0 finished, Kernel Exploit and Browser Exploit will be released to 5.5.0.
A method like 3ds gateway to downgrade (software easy to use) firmware can be a good solution if Nintendo release a new firmware and block something.

Yes. People are confusing this a lot. The final goal is to make a joint release for the latest firmware.
That will be a browser exploit as entry point (based on the Stagefright bug), a PPC kernel exploit (not necessarily the one we currently have, we are always looking for new ones) and an IOSU exploit (the bug I'm currently attempting to exploit should work up to 5.5.0).
The IOSU part will probably be obfuscated to delay patching.

@Hykem if you need help with getting the iosu exploit forwarded to 5.5.0 I'm here. :P

Sure, thanks! :)

Good news is that there are two exploits being worked on now ?
If I understand this whole IOSU story right, then it's safe to assume that the real action lies in IOSU kernel access.
How many kernel functions does the IOSU have ? And how high (or low) would you rate the possibility that we MAYBE see more than 1 IOSU kernel exploit in the Wii U life cycle? (if we even see 1 of course :D)

Yes, I'm currently trying to exploit one bug (that should be present up to firmware 5.5.0) and naehrwert is looking into a different one (which appears to have been fixed in firmware 5.2.0). More people may be working on other bugs as well.
The IOSU exposes the kernel in the IOS-KERNEL module. All the other modules communicate with it using syscalls (a total of 148).
The chances of having more than 1 or 2 kernel exploits are somewhat low, but mainly due to lack of interest. The IOSU itself is quite buggy.

CoolAlpha

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes. People are confusing this a lot. The final goal is to make a joint release for the latest firmware.
That will be a browser exploit as entry point (based on the Stagefright bug), a PPC kernel exploit (not necessarily the one we currently have, we are always looking for new ones) and an IOSU exploit (the bug I'm currently attempting to exploit should work up to 5.5.0).
Does that mean that to exploit we need a firmware version which has a userland exploit available or any firmware up to 5.5.0 will be good? I'm asking this because I'm stuck on 5.2.0 and I cannot update (vWii is bricked so the update fails), so I don't know if I have to buy a new unit

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sure, thanks! :)

Yes, I'm currently trying to exploit one bug (that should be present up to firmware 5.5.0) and naehrwert is looking into a different one (which appears to have been fixed in firmware 5.2.0). More people may be working on other bugs as well.
The IOSU exposes the kernel in the IOS-KERNEL module. All the other modules communicate with it using syscalls (a total of 148).
The chances of having more than 1 or 2 kernel exploits are somewhat low, but mainly due to lack of interest. The IOSU itself is quite buggy.

Super work Hykem ! THank you for the hard and joint work !

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anything new about IOSU exploit on 5.3.2?

There will be NO release IOSU Exploit to 5.3.2 first! He explain!
I know people who are on 5.3.2 get sad because this but the big advantages for 5.3.2 are: Kernel Exploit already release, Mods, Browser Exploit and Loadline.
My opinion, people dont need to buy a second WIIU unit(5.3.2) if they want the IOSU but if they want play Loadline now ok buy it.

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

fitnesstino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There will be NO release IOSU Exploit to 5.3.2 first! He explain!
I know people who are on 5.3.2 get sad because this but the big advantages for 5.3.2 are: Kernel Exploit already release, Mods, Browser Exploit and Loadline.
My opinion, people dont need to buy a second WIIU unit(5.3.2) if they want the IOSU but if they want play Loadline ok buy it.

Hu? Who explained that? What's the reason not to release the IOSU exploit? ;(

H93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it is possible to get ftp on the Wii U with the kernel exploid for the SD card it makes some easy to transfer the update to it?

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This may be a stupid question right now... But can you "jailbreak" your Nintendo Wii U? I am aware that's its possible on Nintendo Wii but not on Nintendo Wii U.

ldeveraux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything new about IOSU exploit on 5.3.2?
Was anything new posted? No.

This may be a stupid question right now... But can you "jailbreak" your Nintendo Wii U? I am aware that's its possible on Nintendo Wii but not on Nintendo Wii U.
Do you have an Apple or Sony Wii? Only IOS and the PS3 have been "jailbroken"

Reactions: I pwned U!

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Was anything new posted? No.

Do you have an Apple or Sony Wii? Only IOS and the PS3 have been "jailbroken"

I mean softmod, sorry :P
I jailbroke my iphone a few days ago, and i forgot about softmod :P
But is it possible? I have softmodded my Nintendo Wii, and it's all thanks to this forum.
But is possible to Softmod the Nintendo Wii U and play backup games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.