Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

dacore84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just don't connect the Wii U to the internet and it wont know whether or not it needs an update

Ok thanks. I thought it was like the Xbox One that needs to be connected to the internet on the first boot. Then after that initial setup you can disconnect it from the internet (but then it could be to late ofc). But that isn´t the case with WiiU then? And no, I don´t got a WiiU atm but when reading this thread I´m thinking about getting one soon :P

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Guys, guys...
You are getting ahead of yourselves by a LOT.

The exploit isn't even out yet, and you want to replace TVii for a Homebrew Channel?
Damn!

Easy there!

A proper Homebrew Channel is priority first before undergoing some further modifications to make it a Quick Launch icon.

In the meanwhile, stop it with the crazy ideas. XD
Wait until this is out, then spit ideas IF the devs are willing to take some.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to use that browser exploit posted a couple pages back with the C files from marionumber1's like the one where it shows the wiiu's IP. I think its rpc.c

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if he is stuck for a power adapter he can use a PC power supply, just about any will do as the wiiu is not that power hungry. pinouts can easley be found online.

EDIT: the wiiu is 15v my bad

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't profess to be an expert in energy efficiency, but I think a concern with that would be frying the main board if you send too many volts through it without the proper power brick. I think it's just safer to go official in this case

Krafter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Power supplys can be found on Amazon for a good price. My guess is that he just didn't catch that the Wii didn't come with one. This is very common when buying used consoles. Hell sometimes it's harder to find a used console with one than it is without.

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't profess to be an expert in energy efficiency, but I think a concern with that would be frying the main board if you send too many volts through it without the proper power brick. I think it's just safer to go official in this case

Yes, especially since it was SO hard for him to get this Wii U. He'll probably treating it like priceless treasure (which it is).

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

modern electronics use a stranded voltage, 3.3v, 5v 12v. the only time you will encounter different is for battery charging, power tools, laptop PSUs.
trust me it would work.

plus a good PC PSU is better then a stock wiiu PSU. MUCH more consistent voltage with no drop off or over heating. It would literally be better for the console. (longer life. less chance of software freezing)

EDIT: Its 15v so a PC PSU is a no go

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, especially since it was SO hard for him to get this Wii U. He'll probably treating it like priceless treasure (which it is).

The most important Wii U in the world said:
I don't always get shipped to Hykem, but when I do, I do it without a power supply

Krafter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modern electronics use a stranded voltage, 3.3v, 5v 12v. the only time you will encounter different is for battery charging, power tools, laptop PSUs.
trust me it would work.

I just looked at mine. It's 15v 5 amps. I would have guessed it was a 12v.

Edit: I guess he could wire the 12v and 3.3v in series to get 15.3v but I think it would be better to get the proper power supply.

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if it has ~5A or more it would power it, yes but most laptop chargers are crap for applications like this, they overheat, and give very unstable power. very bad on a console. plus I'm not sure if the wiiu PSU is switching or not (needs a signal to turn on)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC