Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

JorgeSalgado

Trophies
XP
I found a neat trick (that makes the browser work really funky but works). Connect your Wii U to a router, go in the settings for the connection, change the DNS to "do not auto obtain", then change the first one to 192.168.0.0 and the second to 127.0.0.1, should only let you access local IPs to run programs ;) no additional programs needed

What will that do, precisely? Does it have anything to do with blocking Nintendo updates? Sorry for the ignorance, but my router doesn't give me an option to block them and I was hoping you had just found a way around it.

JorgeSalgado

Trophies
XP
Just a few final questions: what you said above is all we need to do? Is it necessary to use OpenDns or other kind of software? Thanks so much for the answer and for all the effort you are putting into this!

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a few final questions: what you said above is all we need to do? Is it necessary to use OpenDns or other kind of software? Thanks so much for the answer and for all the effort you are putting into this!

Yes, that's all you need to do, no fancy software needed.

JorgeSalgado

Trophies
XP
Will this work on the latest firmware of the Wii U? After doing the steps above, I believe the console is not able to download updates anymore but I also can't use the browser. Get an error 112-1006. Is that suppose to happen?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will this work on the latest firmware of the Wii U? After doing the steps above, I believe the console is not able to download updates anymore but I also can't use the browser. Get an error 112-1006. Is that suppose to happen?

Yes.
Yes, it blocks Nintendo updates along with anything else that uses a URL instead of an IP.

Reactions: Margen67

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Gu-guys...? What do you think about it? Troll or Legit?

Capture.PNG

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess FaTaL_ErRoR deserves some respect around here despite what many of us falsely assumed.

Never judge a book by its cover, if he has access to a dev kit, he has way more access to stuff than most of us...

Granted, but he can't use any of that knowledge to help this community because of the agreement he must have signed with Nintendo! :lol:

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
Are the IPs on page one of this thread not what you want? (I'm assuming you actually read page one...) :unsure:

I have read it. Well, I've seen that OpenWRT itself offers ebtables to download... lol
However, I'm not that common with routers and.. Didn't figure out how to block these addresses...

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read it. Well, I've seen that OpenWRT itself offers ebtables to download... lol
However, I'm not that common with routers and.. Didn't figure out how to block these addresses...

My router is a really old one that actually can't block addresses. It's possible that yours also can't. Try searching Google with keywords like: "<router brand and model> block addresses" My solution to this problem is to connect my Wii U to a seperate router that hosts a local network with no internet access.

CosmoCortney

Lawn Meower
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
My router is a really old one that actually can't block addresses. It's possible that yours also can't. Try searching Google with keywords like: "<router brand and model> block addresses" My solution to this problem is to connect my Wii U to a seperate router that hosts a local network with no internet access.

Thanks. Well, I better explain my situation to you:
The router in our house doesn't support blocking IPs or webaddresses. And I don't want to spent a lot of money for buying a beefy router. So I thought about getting a cheap which firmware can be replaced with one that can block addresses. But I have to plug it into a free LAN port of the existing router because our telephones are connected to it as well. The adventage is that I can also access every site through the primary router while the Wii U cannot. I also don't want to create a DSN server because I'm afraid that would have bad affect to the data traffic if i'm dumping the Wii U's RAM with TCP Gecko dNet.

Well, the cheap router is plugged in into a free Lan port and I can access the internet through it without any problems. I have also figured out how to install the recommended software to block addresses. Just no clue how to set up the black list of addresses I want to block..

But your idea about hosting the site on a separate router without internet access... Why didn't I get it by myself?!
Could someone make an instruction about how to easy host a page with the browser exploit on a computer? That would be great :)

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY