Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's all controlled by IOSU, the kernel has no access to that (as far as I know, anyways). That's the Starbuck, and only IOSU can use it, a kernel exploit has no access.

So, we can have kernel exploit, but (as far as you know) we can't get online because of the IOSU? OK, it doesn't bother me too much, I don't like a lot playing online (except for MK8).
I think we will need to wait for IOSU exploit and another for Starbuck processor... are you guys developing these?, of course I know you are completely focused in the kernel exploit, only I want to know if you will develop another exploit, or just port it to another firmware and leave it...

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From the f0f blog post:

Wii U common key (30 days)

Found in the Starbuck’s OTP. Used to decrypt the specific title key for every Wii U application (this is done at installation time for system firmware and installable titles, and at load time for disc games). Note that Cafe OS and Starbuck binaries are double-encrypted with their own ancast keys too.

Does this mean we can now decrypt CafeOS and Starbuck binaries, given the WiiU Ancast key is already known? Or does "their own ancast key" mean that there are yet other keys that need to be found?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the f0f blog post:

Does this mean we can now decrypt CafeOS and Starbuck binaries, given the WiiU Ancast key is already known? Or does "their own ancast key" mean that there are yet other keys that need to be found?

Uh I have no idea if the binaries on NUS are double encrypted or not, you'd have to check. I'd assume yes but I could be wrong.

Reactions: VinsCool

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh I have no idea if the binaries on NUS are double encrypted or not, you'd have to check. I'd assume yes but I could be wrong.

You need the common key to decrypt any title found on NUS. The Cafe OS kernel is an Espresso ancast image, so you need that key. IOSU and cafe2wii are Starbuck ancast images, which is problematic, because we don't have the IOSU key.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the common key to decrypt any title found on NUS. The Cafe OS kernel is an Espresso ancast image, so you need that key. IOSU and cafe2wii are Starbuck ancast images, which is problematic, because we don't have the IOSU key.

I know, I was going under the assumption that everyone knows you need the common key to decrypt anything from NUS and moving on to "Is it encrypted with the other key too unlike everything else"

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So, the common key being leaked doesn't serve a purpose...

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's bad... NWPlayer123 , you guys will still developing exploits for the Wii U after this one? I mean IOSU exploit, Starbuck exploit...
And I wanted to know if with the kernel exploit we can avoid games updating, for example, I'm in 5.0.0 firmware, if I buy Super Smash Bros, the disc will update me to 5.2.0, any way to avoid that using the kernel exploit?.
Sorry about all these questions, but there was a long time I didn't use my Wii U, but of course, I can wait more time, I will wait for Wii U homebrew :D

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
What? Don't tell me you believe those BS accusations, I sure as hell hope not. Until there is evidence, no need to believe the crap people post on Twitter like that.

That was fun to read.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
The common key going out to public soon was common knowledge to occur very soon. Its the same reason why wiikeyU and other ODE have held off releasing their stuff. The thing about getting parts and production, testing etc. was just a story.

A ODE would fail badly if in the near future backups without ODE hardware was getting closer.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
What? Don't tell me you believe those BS accusations, I sure as hell hope not. Until there is evidence, no need to believe the crap people post on Twitter like that.

...damn dude, chill. I asked a question, didn't take a side. I said "...k" because I was hoping for NWP, or Comex or something to reply. marcan's usually a reputable source, much as I don't fancy him.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was fun to read.

Uh...well see the thing is I uh...shit... *runs and hides* Sorry, I just hate seeing accusations, and now that the common key is out, hopefully we'll see more action in the Wii U front.

...damn dude, chill. I asked a question, didn't take a side. I said "...k" because I was hoping for NWP, or Comex or something to reply. marcan's usually a reputable source, much as I don't fancy him.

Damn, sorry, I just...uh....over-excited about...I think I'll hide for a while.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: