Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay so yesterday I did my first tests to try to get into the Homebrew Channel with my recently updated Wii U to 5.5.1U.

I was using www.wiiubru.com for my 5.3.2 system, but after the 5.5.1 update I couldn't get it to work.
All I was getting was just an open video and right after the video was opened, the console froze. (I imagine this is due to the mp4 exploit).
I tried like 10 times and only got it to work one out of the ten.
The method I always used was simply closing all my browser's tabs (since I use the browser almost daily and quite often), and once all the tabs have been closed, I clicked on the Wii U Bru bookmark, and boom, directly to the HBL with 100% success rate, I never had it fail on me once when I was on 5.3.2U.

However, I tried using www.loadiine.ovh to boot the 5.5.1 HBL and that one worked with the method I used for 5.3.2 (only closing the tabs without cleaning the cookies).
I tried it like 4 consecutive times, and all of those 4 times I got it to work.

I ended up switching WiiUBru with Loadiine.ovh, and I bookmarked the page that directly boots up the HBL without going into the Loadiine.ovh selection menu. :P

@the_randomizer @VinsCool, I don't know if you guys have been having these very same issues, but I thought about posting it here in case anyone else experiences that too.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so yesterday I did my first tests to try to get into the Homebrew Channel with my recently updated Wii U to 5.5.1U.

I was using www.wiiubru.com for my 5.3.2 system, but after the 5.5.1 update I couldn't get it to work.
All I was getting was just an open video and right after the video was opened, the console froze. (I imagine this is due to the mp4 exploit).
I tried like 10 times and only got it to work one out of the ten.
The method I always used was simply closing all my browser's tabs (since I use the browser almost daily and quite often), and once all the tabs have been closed, I clicked on the Wii U Bru bookmark, and boom, directly to the HBL with 100% success rate, I never had it fail on me once when I was on 5.3.2U.

However, I tried using www.loadiine.ovh to boot the 5.5.1 HBL and that one worked with the method I used for 5.3.2 (only closing the tabs without cleaning the cookies).
I tried it like 4 consecutive times, and all of those 4 times I got it to work.

I ended up switching WiiUBru with Loadiine.ovh, and I bookmarked the page that directly boots up the HBL without going into the Loadiine.ovh selection menu. :P

@the_randomizer @VinsCool, I don't know if you guys have been having these very same issues, but I thought about posting it here in case anyone else experiences that too.

I'm having the same issue, I'm on 5.5.1 as well, as I too updated from 5.3.2 as it's now safe to do so. I had the same issue with Wiiubru, it use to work every time, but for me, it only works part of the time and I don't know why, it's very very odd.
But like you said, the www.loadiine.ovh works for me with a 100% success rate. Should we maybe ask @pwsincd on what's going on, or for insight? This doesn't seem normal at all, as there shouldn't be much difference between 5.3.2 and 5.5.1; to my understanding, there shouldn't be much difference between firmware, I don't know :wacko:

What I'm going to do is record with my camera and show the steps on what I'm doing, showing the console version, me opening the web browser, etc just as video evidence. I thought Wiiubru was working fine, and I inadvertently stated otherwise, so to those I have I told otherwise, I sincerely apologize and had no intention on giving a report incorrectly :O

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having the same issue, I'm on 5.5.1 as well, as I too updated from 5.3.2 as it's now safe to do so. I had the same issue with Wiiubru, it use to work every time, but for me, it only works part of the time and I don't know why, it's very very odd.
But like you said, the www.loadiine.ovh works for me with a 100% success rate. Should we maybe ask @pwsincd on what's going on, or for insight? This doesn't seem normal at all, as there shouldn't be much difference between 5.3.2 and 5.5.1; to my understanding, there shouldn't be much difference between firmware, I don't know :wacko:

What I'm going to do is record with my camera and show the steps on what I'm doing, showing the console version, me opening the web browser, etc just as video evidence.
Yeah I think a video might help explain what we are doing to run the exploit from wiiubru.com.
It might also help out @pwsincd to track down what's going on.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think a video might help explain what we are doing to run the exploit from wiiubru.com.

I feel especially bad because he, and so many others, put forth tremendous effort in setting up these exploit hosts, only to encounter this problem with it only working some of the time for us.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also had to switch from wiiubrew to loadiine.ohv. Don't know why but wiiubru would always freeze on the video player just like you guys above me.

Also can anyone tell my how to make it so that loadiine.ohv is my homepage? I don't know how but every time I used to open my browser on 5.3.2 it went directly to wiiubru no need to click on my bookmarks. But now it only opens up to the white bookmark page. I think I remember pulling the power plug or something hopefully someone can help me out

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, at least I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing these anomalous results with loading exploits, not sure if I should upload the video of me loading it on YT or Google Drive. I want to be able to have visual proof of this so others can see.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cybernatus put a lot of work into loadiine.ovh to get it loading correctly. He didn't just link existing packages. He build some pretty great php scripts and even modified a few payloads to make them load better. That's the big difference. It makes an enormous difference all the work he put into loadiine.ovh.

5.3.2 payloads are quite a bit different as they don't use php or mp4's. They just use the html payload links.

Reactions: Cybernatus

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cybernatus put a lot of work into loadiine.ovh to get it loading correctly. He didn't just link existing packages. He build some pretty great php scripts and even modified a few payloads to make them load better. That's the big difference. It makes an enormous difference all the work he put into loadiine.ovh.

5.3.2 payloads are quite a bit different as they don't use php or mp4's. They just use the html payload links.

But does that explain why Wiiubru doesn't work as reliably on 5.5.1 though? There's no reason why it shouldn't really. I mean, surely, that can be fixed?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
But does that explain why Wiiubru doesn't work as reliably on 5.5.1 though? There's no reason why it shouldn't really. I mean, surely, that can be fixed?

Maybe the modifications he made gave the exploit a better success rate?
The PHP scripts could have something to do too.

I'm just glad to see @brienj is willing to lend @pwsincd a hand to make wiiubru compatible with the exploit found in Loadiine.ovh :)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm just glad to see @brienj is willing to lend @pwsincd a hand to make wiiubru compatible with the exploit found in Loadiine.ovh :)
you can find both the HBL and Loadiine php scripts and mp4's that he uses on loadiine.ovh in my AIO. He gave them to us.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Should I still record a video to show him what's going on? :P

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
i wont be bending over to really change wiiubru's exploit , it works for lots and those it dont work for have other options.
While I agree with this statement, it's still annoying for those who wanted a all in one site :)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wont be bending over to really change wiiubru's exploit , it works for lots and those it dont work for have other options.
Bleh, guess there's no point in me reporting bugs or showing a video on why it doesn't work. Oh well. Those on 5.5.1 I guess are SOL.

While I agree with this statement, it's still annoying for those who wanted a all in one site :)

Guess that's not happening anytime soon. :unsure:

I say yes, a little show off doesn't hurt.

No point in me doing so now, it ain't gonna be fixed for those who can't use it. Granted, we have loadiine.ovh still.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Checking the wiiubru.com source, it looks like a 5.3.2 Wii U was using the older kernel exploit (payload532.html), while 5.5.1 uses the gx2sploit (payload.php?sysver=550) . So this likely explains why there's new trouble on people who just upgraded, since the older kernel exploit was patched after 5.3.2.

Reactions: brienj

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
ok , i havent modifyied the main URL but added a test for you guys to try out (thanks in the main to @brienj ) , please give it a try and provide some feedback , if we have success ill alter the main link.

www.wiiubru.com/x
I think people will have good success now. I could never get the exploit to load from your site, but since you've added this, it loaded on the first try for me. I think people will have success with this. If anyone has issues, I recommend clearing your cookies, it always corrects the problem when I seem to be having any issue loading the kexploit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.