Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

is it possible to delete the information of existing updates via the exploits on 5.3.2?
Didn't find anything while doing a quick search.
I would like to start Sm4sh but my U knows that there is an update available for download but also that it needs to update the system to download it :[

There is this example, which may work.

Reactions: Margen67 and max-m

JaceCearK1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

is it possible to delete the information of existing updates via the exploits on 5.3.2?
Didn't find anything while doing a quick search.
I would like to start Sm4sh but my U knows that there is an update available for download but also that it needs to update the system to download it :[

If you remove all internet connections Smash will start without begging for an update.
Or you just manually add a fake connection that you switch to while you don't need online functionality!
Software will start just fine! ;)

Reactions: Margen67 and max-m

max-m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you remove all internet connections Smash will start without begging for an update.
Oh, well, using an "invalid" connection also worked. Thanks! I should have tried that on my own :shy:

Edit:
Or you just manually add a fake connection that you switch to while you don't need online functionality!
Software will start just fine! ;)
Yep, that worked.

Reactions: Margen67

max-m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I didn't try because I thought it would prompt me to connect to the Internet, haha. That is something I think Nintendo would do :wacko:

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of research do you need for modeling ?
I'm not super good at coding, but I have a good experience in 3D modeling, texturing, rendering.

Edit : I'm on 5.4.0 so I guess I'm not what you're looking for ? or is this can be done on a computer only ?

If you want to work on custom model edits for Smash, that would be good. The important thing I'd need help with is inserting these model edits back into the game. It will need the format to be understood more, and some coding will need to be done to inject model changes into the original files. RandomTBush's MaxScript for the Smash NUD format is a good reference for anyone wanting to learn the model format. I've been busy with other stuff, so I haven't personally looked too much into it yet.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This whole Wii U Homebrew scene really blows. Each time a new exploit is found there's a update patching it. Gee, I wonder how that is possible. It's not like they're publicly discussing the inner workings of it.

I've lost my faith in this "team". I miss the Wii days when people advised AGAINST updating until EVERYTHING was confirmed working.

The team is quiet successful in preserving exploits for new updates. As far as I know, until now we still have both kernel and browser exploit working on the latest version.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when modding will be possible?because I think I see if I will do custom level in smash or custom track in mk8.(I not do that with my hold wii).

Last edited by mariogamer,

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The team is quiet successful in preserving exploits for new updates. As far as I know, until now we still have both kernel and browser exploit working on the latest version.

And the 5.5.0 browser exploit is being worked on so we can try out the other kernel exploit.

when modding will be possible?because I think I see if I will do custom level in smash or custom track in mk8.(I not do that with my hold wii u).

Modding will be possible once I release the kernel exploit, probably today.

dspade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And the 5.5.0 browser exploit is being worked on so we can try out the other kernel exploit.

Modding will be possible once I release the kernel exploit, probably today.

So we will see more Smash and MK 8 characters/levels? These are the only 2 games that interest me on the system right now, until Zelda U comes out. If it ever comes out.
Honestly, I will go and buy a Wii U right now if that is the case.
I need to make sure I need 5.5.0 or below, right? Is there a serial thread that can help me do this like there was with the N3DS?

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we will see more Smash and MK 8 characters/levels? These are the only 2 games that interest me on the system right now, until Zelda U comes out. If it ever comes out.
Honestly, I will go and buy a Wii U right now if that is the case.
I need to make sure I need 5.5.0 or below, right? Is there a serial thread that can help me do this like there was with the N3DS?

Yes, both of those games will be able to be modded. If you want to work on that, 5.3.2 is the recommended version. Use a game with 5.3.2 on a console with a low version, or get a console that has it.

dspade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, both of those games will be able to be modded. If you want to work on that, 5.3.2 is the recommended version. Use a game with 5.3.2 on a console with a low version, or get a console that has it.

Thank you sir.

I have no actual skills, and will just wait for someone else to do it for me :-)

I want Ice Climbers and Snake Smash darnit!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you sir.

I have no actual skills, and will just wait for someone else to do it for me :-)

I want Ice Climbers and Snake Smash darnit!
that will take a long time lol,smash modding even after kernel it will be on its first steps like texture moddding and music and probably some simple stuff, only in years/months we will be able to understand the entire game to do model importing and moveset editor to do those 2 characters.Look at how much time ssbb took after its modding began until we had model importing you will be amazed how much it took lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs