TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now it just compailns about
dd: command not found,
powerpc stuff(yes i have installed devkitppc)
python (yes i have installed python)

hmm...

Converting from bat to shellscript can cause some conflicts. I've never had luck doing it myself. It generally just results in stupid errors.

Ninja_Carver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dd: not found is exactly what it says, you need the 'dd' binary for cygwin.
unexpected EOF: generally a result of the CRLF differences between unix and windows. there are tools for linux (and cygwin) called unix2dos and dos2unix which convert these files, use the corresponding tool to correct this.

Reactions: filfat

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't for people like you who can't figure out how to use this shit. Real developers use Linux. Either suck it up and install it yourself, or just wait for someone else to compile it for you. This isn't intended for the likes of you. Stop complaining and port it to Windows yourself.

What kind of crap is this? I've used Windows this entire time. Am I not a real developer for that?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't for people like you who can't figure out how to use this shit. Real developers use Linux. Either suck it up and install it yourself, or just wait for someone else to compile it for you. This isn't intended for the likes of you. Stop complaining and port it to Windows yourself.

Who the hell are you to tell developers what they can't and can use? If people use Windows and not Linux, that's their right. That's just a very one-sided and extremely unsubstantiated claim to make. These people are real developers.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Who the hell are you to tell developers what they can't and can use? If people use Windows and not Linux, that's their right. That's just a very one-sided and extremely unsubstantiated claim to make. These people are real developers.

Except those Mac users... Fuck them, right? :rofl:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except those Mac users... Fuck them, right? :rofl:

Funnily enough, Mac OS is Unix based, which is what Linux is derived from. Anyways, people are always telling what devs should and shouldn't do, if people want to use Windows, so what? I like both OSes, and maybe one of these days I'll mess with Linux. Either OS will undeniably help with Wii U development :D

Reactions: filfat

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Funnily enough, Mac OS is Unix based, which is what Linux is derived from.

You literally can't even say that anymore, it's not Linux anymore It's not even something to compare to it's original form anymore.

Spider-Man_This_isn't_even_my_final_form.jpg

Reactions: Sylantemp

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
why people u not use a usbstick with LUBUNTU live? in a modern pc start in about 20second...
With cygwin (if work like linux) u need to care for CASESENSITIVE foo.c and Foo.c is two file (in windows is the same file).
U can mount c: everywhere. And u can use EXPORT for path

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
why people u not use a usbstick with LUBUNTU live? in a modern pc start in about 20second...
With cygwin (if work like linux) u need to care for CASESENSITIVE foo.c and Foo.c is two file (in windows is the same file).
U can mount c: everywhere. And u can use EXPORT for path

Funny you mention that, I'm using one of those on an old Laptop of mine right now.

It certainly doesn't take 20 seconds to boot, though. More like 3 minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/GVs1tc_vq0g?si=laLZzpaM8uZLmYXO