Wii U Hacking Funds

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Zacharybinx34, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zacharybinx34
    OP

Zacharybinx34 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2010
    United States
    Not gonna happen cap'n.

2. geishroy

geishroy Suspended

Suspended
    Dec 10, 2008
    United States
    Yeah that is a really good idea.
    I have an even better one though.
    How about we make a fund for 3DS decapping and when we reach our goal, we just disappear.

Bladexdsl, Delta517, gamefan5 and 4 others like this.
  3. jowan

jowan GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2008
    Colombia
    Darmstadt
    Sure mate, but I have a better idea, why don't we raise funds for a bomb and throw it at Nintendo's HQ directly

Bladexdsl and bezem like this.
  4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    How about we raise funds so that the person who hacks it can afford the lawsuits?

Maxternal, opal and bezem like this.
  5. Zacharybinx34
    OP

Zacharybinx34 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2010
    United States
    lol. How did the website I linked do it?

And why do you think it's illegal to unlock WiiU's?

6. FireGrey

FireGrey Undercover Admin

Apr 13, 2010
    How about we raise funds to sue Nintendo for not letting us able to run whatever we want.

7. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    I think that calling hacking "unlocking" just raised the amount of money those "players" want to actually do said job. :P

Also: you might want to call things by their name here. You want to loot out a price for someone to allow playing backups without verifying the originals. Don't say it isn't so, because if not you can already donate that money to tueidj or the guys working on wiiu linux.

bezem likes this.
  8. bezem

bezem GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    United States
    Actually, he just wants the Wii U Pro controller to work in Wii Mode because he's too lazy to set down one controller and pick up another.

9. CDouce

CDouce Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Canada
    Instead, lets raise money for a community pet turtle. Each of us will take turns caring for it. When it eventually dies, we all go go-karting and throw the turtle shell at each other. REAL LIFE MARIO KART

MassiveRican, pin, Delta517 and 4 others like this.
  10. OncleJulien

OncleJulien tool of peers

Apr 6, 2009
    United States
    Los Angeles
    it would motivate most of the players who would fail, and none who would succeed.

Ray Lewis and bezem like this.
  11. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    This is the best idea I've heard all day! :hrth:

bezem and Celice like this.
  12. bezem

bezem GBAtemp Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    United States

gamefan5 likes this.
  13. jowan

jowan GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2008
    Colombia
    Darmstadt
    Dude, this is your first message in the forums and you just won all the internets, congratulations mate!

14. Ray Lewis

Ray Lewis Banned

Banned
    Dec 30, 2012
    United States
    Lol, this story sounds familiar....

15. CDouce

CDouce Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Canada
    I was saving it for a good one. Looks like it paid off.

Ray Lewis: If this actually does resemble a similar story or joke someone else told, it is a coincidence.

16. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Reported, because the fund is shady as all hell and I personally don't want any gullible soul sending any money in its general direction. Unlike the 3DS fund, this isn't supported by any notable hackers I heard of, so it's a no-go. As for the 3DS fund, we don't actually know if the decapping took place and what were its effects and I don't think we were supposed to - releasing the decapping scans was not explicitly promised, just mentioned as a possibility.

gamefan5 likes this.
  17. jqrn

jqrn GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2011
    Why did you report it. Is it because you think he is scamming us? Whatever the reason, it will be near to impossible to prove that this is a scam. The op can deny untill tomorrow.
    The only thing to do is just don't participate in the donation.
    Unlike the 3ds decapping, these money are from the start not going to do you any good, since the only way you will see any result is if you are the first to jail break. The 3ds decapping was another ball park.

If anything, your report should be counter reported

18. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    That's the thing though - I don't have to prove that this is a scam, it's the OP who has to prove that it is not. When you post something, the burden of truth lays on you - all I'm saying is that the fund is unverified and as such a reason for concern.

I'm sure an iOS exploit will surface sooner rather than later, but it's no good reason for giving money to an unverified, untrustworthy fund. You're free to throw your money wherever you want, including shady funds, toilet bowls and mud, but I don't think that GBATemp as a website should affiliate with any of them, lest they do turn out to be a scam, and this includes hotlinking.

There's a world of difference between a verified fund ran by respected hackers from the scene and some no-name fund that claims to have a given agenda but is in no way obligated to actually follow through with the promises. I leave the decision to the staff, of course.

Edit: On second glance, the fund is backed by some reputable sources, including iFixit's CEO... Hmph, it's odd that I haven't heard of this earlier. Maybe it isn't all that shady after all... :unsure:

Ray Lewis likes this.
  19. TwinRetro

TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

Global Moderator
    Aug 29, 2008
    United States
    Las Vegas, NV
    I don't know you from Adam, and you only have 13 posts on these boards. Weather or not it's a scam, I'm closing this thread to protect the members of this site.

Ray Lewis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.