Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Full" because there are quite a number of titles we know are coming to the Wii U that aren't listed here (Fifa 13, Injustice, Ghost Recon,Trine 2, Bit.Trip.Runner 2 and others). However its a good indication to what the Wii U will initially have up until the year ends.

Obviously some titles may be added or some may just get delayed. Games with * mean they are so far exclusive to Wii U though some do have 3DS variations as well.

Launch Window:
Pikmin 3 *
Game & Wario (working title) *
Project P-100 *
Wii Fit U *
New Super Mario Bros U *

Holiday (Nov/Dec):
NBA2K13
Ben 10 Omniverse
Family Party: 30 Great Games
Rise of the Guardians: The Game
Mass Effect 3
Jett Tailfin (was confirmed for launch by publisher...its that racing fish game) *
TANK! TANK! TANK! *
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Lego City: Undercover *
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendoland *
SiNG (working title) *
Wii U Panorama View (really? they're releasing this?) *
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Darksiders II
Assassin's Creed III
Just Dance 4
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Rabbids Land *
Sports Connection *
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 *
ZombiU *
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition

TBA:
Rayman Legends (thought it was launch but hey ho) *
Aliens: Colonial Missions

New Super Mario Bros U was listed as "holiday" even though Nintendo did already confirmed that it was out at launch which is why I added it to "Launch window". Seems to be a list of retail only titles.

The "launch window" titles are the ones I'm very interested in (aside from Fit U), definitely gonna grab Pikmin 3 and then one of the others once I've heard more about them and from the previews ZombiU looks to be a must have for Wii U owners and Rayman Legends looks good. Other than that there are titles I'll need to see more of and some are I'll either have played before the launch (Batman, Darksiders II, Mass Effect III) or are franchise I couldn't get into (ACIII & Tekken) or I may prefer on PC (Aliens, never was into analogue stick play BUT add wiimote play and I'm sold).

http://www.gonintend...012_6/wiiug.png

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"Full" because there are quite a number of titles we know are coming to the Wii U that aren't listed here (Fifa 13, Injustice, Ghost Recon,Trine 2, Bit.Trip.Runner 2 and others). However its a good indication to what the Wii U will initially have up until the year ends.

Obviously some titles may be added or some may just get delayed. Games with * mean they are so far exclusive to Wii U though some do have 3DS variations as well.

Launch Window:
Pikmin 3 *
Game & Wario (working title) *
Project P-100 *
Wii Fit U *
New Super Mario Bros U *

Holiday (Nov/Dec):
NBA2K13
Ben 10 Omniverse
Family Party: 30 Great Games
Rise of the Guardians: The Game
Mass Effect 3
Jett Tailfin (was confirmed for launch by publisher...its that racing fish game) *
TANK! TANK! TANK! *
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Lego City: Undercover *
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendoland *
SiNG (working title) *
Wii U Panorama View (really? they're releasing this?) *
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Darksiders II
Assassin's Creed III
Just Dance 4
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth
Rabbids Land *
Sports Connection *
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 *
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Batman: Arkham City - Armoured Edition

TBA:
Rayman Legends (thought it was launch but hey ho) *
Aliens: Colonial Missions

New Super Mario Bros U was listed as "holiday" even though Nintendo did already confirmed that it was out at launch which is why I added it to "Launch window". Seems to be a list of retail only titles.

The "launch window" titles are the ones I'm very interested in (aside from Fit U), definitely gonna grab Pikmin 3 and then one of the others once I've heard more about them and from the previews ZombiU looks to be a must have for Wii U owners and Rayman Legends looks good. Other than that there are titles I'll need to see more of and some are I'll either have played before the launch (Batman, Darksiders II, Mass Effect III) or are franchise I couldn't get into (ACIII & Tekken) or I may prefer on PC (Aliens, never was into analogue stick play BUT add wiimote play and I'm sold).

http://www.gonintend...012_6/wiiug.png
Well aliens will use the wii u gamepad....so that might burst your bubble.

Anyway, price of all this matters me the most....

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Doesn't seem bad... although the only "solid" title that grabs my attention is pikmin. Hopefully they are not going to pull a "3ds-esque" launch line-up (they say that they are learning from their past mistakes, but e3 didn't convince of it).

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No bubble to burst, some titles will have alternative Wiimote controls as well as standard WiiU Pad (mainly for multiplayer but I can't see why they would not just add the option for single player if they've already been done for MP). This is one of those games where I would favour control over whatever uses the Pad could bring. I've never liked twin stick control on my FPS titles, its passable and easy enough to use but going from keyboard/mouse and onto twin sticks is like going from butter to margarine. Wiimote/nunchuck control however is good for me.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This launch list is just decent IMO. A little worrying that there is already quite a lot of shovelshit.

However I do see that Nintendo did work a lot harder to make the Wii U launch better. This, compared to the 3DS launch, is over 100 times better.

Nintendo just needs some of their franchise love, promised online features on day one and a good price ($300 - $350 is what I'm guessing currently) to score the Wii U launch.

D

Deleted-188346

A little worrying that there is already quite a lot of shovelshit.
I don't understand why shovelware infuriates people so much.
It only appears on hardware that has a large market and is successful, it's more a compliment to the hardware than an insult (despite the terrible quality of the games).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It only appears on hardware that has a large market and is successful, it's more a compliment to the hardware than an insult (despite the terrible quality of the games).
I'm not angry. I'm worried about the system.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, on the plus hand, it proves to all the people who complain about piracy leading to shovelware, that piracy DOESN'T lead to shovelware (unless the Wii U has been hacked already?)

Reactions: 1 person

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No bubble to burst, some titles will have alternative Wiimote controls as well as standard WiiU Pad (mainly for multiplayer but I can't see why they would not just add the option for single player if they've already been done for MP). This is one of those games where I would favour control over whatever uses the Pad could bring. I've never liked twin stick control on my FPS titles, its passable and easy enough to use but going from keyboard/mouse and onto twin sticks is like going from butter to margarine. Wiimote/nunchuck control however is good for me.
I have the exact same feeling regarding twin stick controls but in a game like ZombiU with the sonarscanner, sniping, mangement and such It looks so immersive that I would be willing to use the WiiUPad, even though the aiming would be inferior to pointer-controls.

But for a game like Blops (if it comes to WiiU) I defintely would love to go back to Wiimote+Chuck-Combo...

Personally I hope developers will always have as many control option as possible if it makes sense!

The List of games look good but I have a feeling that Nintendo is having some more games cooked up but they think e3 is too crowded to show them. Retro is developing something and that defintely could be in a state of getting shown I guess..

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have the exact same feeling regarding twin stick controls but in a game like ZombiU with the sonarscanner, sniping, mangement and such It looks so immersive that I would be willing to use the WiiUPad, even though the aiming would be inferior to pointer-controls.

But for a game like Blops (if it comes to WiiU) I defintely would love to go back to Wiimote+Chuck-Combo...

Personally I hope developers will always have as many control option as possible if it makes sense!

The List of games look good but I have a feeling that Nintendo is having some more games cooked up but they think e3 is too crowded to show them. Retro is developing something and that defintely could be in a state of getting shown I guess..
I believe Nintendo will plan an event like the 3DS Pre-Launch event to showcase more games and launch details.

And also don't forget that the Wii U supports 4 Controller Pros. :P

D

Deleted-188346

What could shovelware possibly do to the WiiU?
What has shovelware ever done to any system, aside from annoy "hardcore" gamers?
Nothing.

People may assume that it somehow damages it, but it does nothing.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZombiU is an exception, even if that was on the PC the features it does have sell me on it and I think that does have Wiimote/Nunchuck but I wouldn't use it because this game uses the pad so well. I can't see the "look in backpack but quickly look up for zombies" thing will working as well on anything else other than a with Vita as the controller. I also like using the pad to attack a zombie that appears from nowhere, sometimes with those kind of moments I push my controller forward anyway so it'll be natural! Some devs will get this just right for FPS (others I'm fine on console) but others will do the usual map on screen, maybe some scanning with motion sensing.

I can easily see this controller becoming a standard on consoles as it does solve a lot of niggly problems I have with games.

byronjj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What could shovelware possibly do to the WiiU?
What has shovelware ever done to any system, aside from annoy "hardcore" gamers?
Nothing.

People may assume that it somehow damages it, but it does nothing.
Exactly! just buy the games you want for the system and don't buy the ones you don't like, seems really simple to me.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
sw is cheap trick to get a game made quickly (and usually badly) onto the shelf as fast as possible so usually little kids (mainly girls) see them and beg their mums to buy it to make a quick buck. the games themselves are usually garbage and only appear to a very small audience. but nintendo have invented a new type: Family SW :creep:

byronjj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sw is cheap trick to get a game made quickly (and usually badly) onto the shelf as fast as possible so usually little kids (mainly girls) see them and beg their mums to buy it to make a quick buck. the games themselves are usually garbage and only appear to a very small audience. but nintendo have invented a new type: Family SW :creep:
And this bothers you how? so what it's not like you are obligated to buy the game besides games like that tend to be perfect for kids who really don't have clue about gaming otherwise they would not buy such titles.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anything shovelware shows confidence that the platform could be successful like how Wii/PSX/PS2 has had a shit ton of shovelware. So far its getting more so called "core" titles than the Wii ever did when that was close to release but at the moment it looks to be like a Gamecube situation where it had most 3rd party titles but missed out on some others. However Nintendo's own software more than made up for that...which is why people are a bit meh at the moment, yeah Pikmin 3, Project P-100 etc do look to be very good titles, we would like SOME information that the other beloved are at least being started.

Nintendo in the last few years have kept a lot of titles to themselves, aside from the 3DS titles they mostly announce title that'll be out within a year but it would be nice if they mentioned them just so we know that they mean business. Ok we know there's Smash Bros but how about a "yes we are working on Metroid/Starfox/3D Mario/whatever". Why can't they do a teaser trailer to whatever Retro Studios is doing?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Mj you are the father