Wii U firmware from Nintendo Store

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Dara27, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Dara27
    OP

Dara27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2017
    Canada
    Does anyone know if Wii U refurbished that Nintendo Store are selling are updated in firmwares? Or are they below there 5.5.2?

As I was thinking of maybe buying one for emulation purposes but not if it's updated of course...thanks

2. Tumoche

Tumoche Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    Emulation on the Wii U is not great, just go with something else

3. Dara27
    OP

Dara27 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2017
    Canada
    Really? As I have the Nvidia Shield for that but I'm sure the WiiU would be better in playing the Wii U+Wii+Gc games than the Shield (but not PS1). I'm looking for like a all in one console (Nes to Wiiu games)..

4. proflayton123

proflayton123 悲しみ

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Well, if it is 5.5.2 there is an exploit on its way involving cruncyroll:)

5. Tumoche

Tumoche Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2017
    Yes, it is better than the shield playing WiiU/Wii/GC games but thats not emulation,because they run natively.
    Nes i'm sure that will be perfect.
    And if there's not and exploit for 5.5.2, you could hack the vWii and play Wii, gamcube games and Nes

Last edited by Tumoche, Jul 26, 2017
  6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Most likely they were all refurbished ages ago (Nintendo themselves was "dumping" them for 200 dollars on eBay of all places, still it's not impossible to get them for less from a seller willing to check the version or like I did an almost-launch model that Gamestop took out of the box to put it on shelves on which it stayed for 4+ years)

Remember that updating is actual work to do