Hardware Wii U error -5 at boot

Do you have any Nand backup or can you acces the home menu?

• No, I don't have any backups..

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, I can't access the home menu

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homebrew channel, the Wii version?
no, the wii u homebrew browser, i just removed it so i could duplicate what is going on on your console, but it might be what is happening, maybe download the wii homebrew channel and place it where it belongs, personally, i would go through the thread for the cbhc mod, and put all the things you can autoboot with the cbhc mod on the sd in the right spot, maybe we can get it to at least boot.

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Haxchi doesn't do anything on boot, it can't, it is cbhc, and it is not the sd slot if it was he would get a -3 error, not a -5, -5 error is cbhc not being able to find the file it needs to boot, I took my wiiu, set cbhc to autoboot homebrew channel, removed the homebrew channel from the sd and booted to a -5 error, I was able to get back to the cbhc menu and change it to autoboot the sys menu like it is supposed to. If I had the wii u for 10 minutes I know I could fix it.
Basically,that's what I said,I had -5 error last week cuz the SD card was fake and files were corrupted and I fixed this kind of error in other consoles,the other possibility is that some file is missing,I don't see another possibility,the easiest way to test is replace all CBHC files or try to change the SD card

Last edited by MrVtR,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cbhc shouldn't be the cause of that error. you don't need the sd card plugged in with cbhc unless you're trying to boot into the homebrew launcher or other homebrew.

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a wiiu that has not been updated in about 3 years , I'll make a zip tomorrow of the SD contents ... maybe that will work... will post in about 18 hours from now-- got to get to bed then go to work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a wiiu that has not been updated in about 3 years , I'll make a zip tomorrow of the SD contents ... maybe that will work... will post in about 18 hours from now-- got to get to bed then go to work

Also , I have not read all the pages , get easeus partition manager free version. . be sure that no other hidden partitions are on the SD . do a full format fat32 32 clusters

Reactions: Pepeu557

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seriously if this mess is ever fixed then uninstall cbhc,you only save like 30 sec with the risk of things like this or loosing your Wii U,use the normal method of selecting haxchi from the Wii U menu and wait 30 sec,you can save a lot of problems,I don't see the appeal of this,I have the normal method with a fw.img installed ON THE NAND without needing a SD card to boot the CFW when it was released like 3 years ago and still works without problems

Last edited by jesus96,

Pepeu557

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seriously if this mess is ever fixed then uninstall cbhc,you only save like 30 sec with the risk of things like this or loosing your Wii U,use the normal method of selecting haxchi from the Wii U menu and wait 30 sec,you can save a lot of problems,I don't see the appeal of this,I have the normal method with a fw.img installed ON THE NAND without needing a SD card to boot the CFW when it was released like 3 years ago and still works without problems
Of course, that's the first thing that I'll do! x)
I'll try hardmod to config the system.xml to boot sysnand

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is nothing wrong with cbhc, its the people who install it and not know how to read or pay attention to what they are doing that brick there consoles. I've been using cbhc since it came out and have had no problems

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a lot wrong with it. It's a very ugly hack.

but until some super awesome dev decides to start messing around with the free coldboot and gets it to the point where it is usable, it will continue to be the only way to coldboot. I think everyone jumped ship on the wii u as soon as the switch came out.

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is nothing wrong with cbhc, its the people who install it and not know how to read or pay attention to what they are doing that brick there consoles. I've been using cbhc since it came out and have had no problems

theres also nothing wrong with waiting 30-40 secs after you select haxchi from the wii u menu,you literally save a lot of problems,most of the bricks are because people didn't wantend to wait 30-40 sec to load the CFW

just have patience and save your wii u instead of having a beautiful black piano brick

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres also nothing wrong with waiting 30-40 secs after you select haxchi from the wii u menu,you literally save a lot of problems,most of the bricks are because people didn't wantend to wait 30-40 sec to load the CFW

just have patience and save your wii u instead of having a beautiful black piano brick
Most people have small children that don't understand that in order to play the game they want to play, they have to go to a different game first.

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Most people have small children that don't understand that in order to play the game they want to play, they have to go to a different game first.

"hey son just touch this thing and wait until it loads the menu again"

these people with children probably already bricked their wii u,also i dont see the point of your example,most of the kids would probably play wii u games and you can play them without CFW,unless they are from another region or have fake .tik dlc,if you have a family just hide haxchi in a folder and put non CFW required games on the main menu

Last edited by jesus96,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, the only issue with cbhc is formatting or removing the account that owns the cbhc title. I don't think it can be deleted or moved anymore.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
afaik, the only issue with cbhc is formatting or removing the account that owns the cbhc title. I don't think it can be deleted or moved anymore.
That is correct. Attempting to move or delete the DS title containing CBHC results in an error message, forcing the user to manually riiboot the Wii U.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"hey son just touch this thing and wait until it loads the menu again"

these people with children probably already bricked their wii u,also i dont see the point of your example,most of the kids would probably play wii u games and you can play them without CFW,unless they are from another region or have fake .tik dlc,if you have a family just hide haxchi in a folder and put non CFW required games on the main menu
I mean, I have the CBHC title in a folder on the last menu page, colored black and titled "DO NOT DELETE!!!!!!!". And drunk kirby, the ONLY WAY to brick with CBHC is to format the Wii U or delete the user account that bought the DS VC title in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol