Wii U DLC Piracy?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by StrangeBobcat, Jun 14, 2019.

1. StrangeBobcat
    OP

StrangeBobcat Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2019
    United States
    I own a disc of Mario Kart 8 for my Wii U. Is it possible to pirate the DLC for this game? If possible, I would like to still launch it from a disc, but if I must dump it with a tool like disc2app in order to pirate the DLC then that is fine as well. Thank you!

2. n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2015
    United States
    Phoenix, AZ
    You can, with WiiU USB helper on PC to get the DLC, a CFW to enable sig patching, and WUP installer to install the files. You will always need to enable CFW to launch MK8 once you do this.

The DLC is really cheap and worth buying. If you're absolutely against it you can get pack 1 for 60 gold coins and pack 2 for 400 platinum coins on My Nintendo. Then you don't have to worry about CFW to launch your game. Otherwise, have at it. I just know launching CFW can be annoying when you just want to jump in and play.

3. Itsuki235

Itsuki235 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2019
    United States
    There is actually a really obscure way to play the Wii U MK8 DLC free without CFW. It involves FTP and this website.

The tickets validating DLC are installed when the game is first launched. That is problematic (in a good way) because it means a different DLC can be overridden over a legit (freely downloadable) DLC and the legit and non-legit tickets swapped. Then on install, the non-legit DLC gets installed and the legit ticket validates it.

It is very "involved" to set up, but once done, that console no longer needs CFW to play that DLC.

There is a thread on it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/play-mario-kart-8-with-all-dlc-for-free-without-cfw.464407/

The same steps can be repeated for other games, like BotW.

4. StrangeBobcat
    OP

StrangeBobcat Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2019
    United States
    Thanks for the replies! I actually have already hacked my Wii U with coldboot haxchi, so cfw is no problem.

5. Itsuki235

Itsuki235 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2019
    United States
    In that case, just install the MK8 update and DLC to the system memory using
    WUP Installer GX2. It should work without issue.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted