Homebrew Wii U DLC Piracy?

StrangeBobcat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a disc of Mario Kart 8 for my Wii U. Is it possible to pirate the DLC for this game? If possible, I would like to still launch it from a disc, but if I must dump it with a tool like disc2app in order to pirate the DLC then that is fine as well. Thank you!

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can, with WiiU USB helper on PC to get the DLC, a CFW to enable sig patching, and WUP installer to install the files. You will always need to enable CFW to launch MK8 once you do this.

The DLC is really cheap and worth buying. If you're absolutely against it you can get pack 1 for 60 gold coins and pack 2 for 400 platinum coins on My Nintendo. Then you don't have to worry about CFW to launch your game. Otherwise, have at it. I just know launching CFW can be annoying when you just want to jump in and play.

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is actually a really obscure way to play the Wii U MK8 DLC free without CFW. It involves FTP and this website.

The tickets validating DLC are installed when the game is first launched. That is problematic (in a good way) because it means a different DLC can be overridden over a legit (freely downloadable) DLC and the legit and non-legit tickets swapped. Then on install, the non-legit DLC gets installed and the legit ticket validates it.

It is very "involved" to set up, but once done, that console no longer needs CFW to play that DLC.

There is a thread on it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/play-mario-kart-8-with-all-dlc-for-free-without-cfw.464407/

The same steps can be repeated for other games, like BotW.

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case, just install the MK8 update and DLC to the system memory using
WUP Installer GX2. It should work without issue.

Mumbleowl8889

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I’m replying to an old thread but here’s my dilemma. I did legitimately purchase the DLC for MK8 on my Wii U, however recently I made the stupid mistake of formating my entire Wii U instead of just the flash drive (updated to bigger storage drive and not enough space on the internal drive to temporarily store the games) and I completely forgot the account info for the Nintendo account I was logged in with. Basically it’s an old account I never signed out of and I had made a new account not that long ago. So anywho long ramble aside, my dilemma is this, I would absolutely repurchase the DLC legitimately if I could, but now it feels like pirating it is the only option because you can’t add funds to the eshop anymore.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I’m replying to an old thread but here’s my dilemma. I did legitimately purchase the DLC for MK8 on my Wii U, however recently I made the stupid mistake of formating my entire Wii U instead of just the flash drive (updated to bigger storage drive and not enough space on the internal drive to temporarily store the games) and I completely forgot the account info for the Nintendo account I was logged in with. Basically it’s an old account I never signed out of and I had made a new account not that long ago. So anywho long ramble aside, my dilemma is this, I would absolutely repurchase the DLC legitimately if I could, but now it feels like pirating it is the only option because you can’t add funds to the eshop anymore.
You can get most info from a file I think called preserved.dat or something to that effect. It can be opened with a text editor. It will have the email address, and birth date (in hexadecimal format). Password is in hash though, but I think email and birth date might be all Nintendo needs to transfer licensing.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I completely forgot the account info for the Nintendo account
In case you forgot the NNID: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1943/

In case you forgot the password: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2238/

In case you forgot even more (e-mail, your own birthday, ...) contact Nintendo as described at the first link: https://support.nintendo.com/contactus

In case you're from another region google for youself or contact the Nintendo department of your region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...