Wii U Disc Drive anyone has try to write on to the EEPROM?

abal1000x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Have anyone try to read / write into the eeprom?
No information about datasheet or what the pin is.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 20.49.04.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 20.49.04.png
    591.9 KB · Views: 28

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have anyone try to read / write into the eeprom?
No information about datasheet or what the pin is.
What exactly are you trying to achieve by doing this? Wii U discs are a proprietary format. You can't make traditional disc based backups, plus USB loading is so much more efficient anyways. Unless maybe you're trying to bypass region restrictions but that's do able with homebrew so I'm not sure what you're end goal is.

abal1000x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
What exactly are you trying to achieve by doing this? Wii U discs are a proprietary format. You can't make traditional disc based backups, plus USB loading is so much more efficient anyways. Unless maybe you're trying to bypass region restrictions but that's do able with homebrew so I'm not sure what you're end goal is.
I have wii u with 160-1402 error, after replacing with new Disc drive from aliexpress.
After googling then i understand if the key on those chip is paired with the console.
The problem is the original disc drive already gone on the trash.:cry:
I just think maybe its possible to put the key from the console into the new drive.

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have wii u with 160-1402 error, after replacing with new Disc drive from aliexpress.
After googling then i understand if the key on those chip is paired with the console.
The problem is the original disc drive already gone on the trash.:cry:
I just think maybe its possible to put the key from the console into the new drive.
There's no way to dump the key publically that I'm aware of. Typically people have done a PCB swap from the old drive to the new to keep the correct key. I could be wrong though, perhaps someone else could chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Where do I sign up?