Wii U Controller working as a regular controller on VWii?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by SSMatt123, Aug 31, 2014.

1. SSMatt123
    OP

SSMatt123 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2014
    Narnia
    I don't know how much or not this has been looked into, but while trying out emulators for old consoles it struck me how good it would be if the Wii U pad's buttons worked after seeing it displayed on the screen.

Could there be some sort of way to trick the console into detecting it as a classic controller or something?

2. Goku Junior

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    No, we will need to modify the entire vWii to add that, and it won't be easy, the only app I know that could support Wii U Pro Controller wiressly is Nintendont, but nothing about in normal vWii, better wait to Wii U Mode Full Homebrew is enabled and then we can see if is possible to do something there.

FanLuigi likes this.
  3. GorTesK

GorTesK Mad Hatter

Jan 29, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Down The Rabbit Hole
    the wiiu pro controller is not the same thing as the wiiu gamepad, the OP asked about the gamepad

SSMatt123
    the problem here is, that the vwii communicates via bluetooth with its controllers, but the gamepad doesnt communicate via bluetooth, but via a 5 ghz wireless connection, so for now its not possible

4. Goku Junior

Goku Junior GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 27, 2013
    Argentina
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Yeah I know that, only I wasn't sure what controller he means, but Nintendont developers doesn't say nothing yet to support Wi Fi to GamePad :( ...

5. FPSRussi4

FPSRussi4 Clean up your act and cut the crap.

Dec 1, 2013
    Laos
    I believe this topic has already been discussed, and we ruled it out for now because you'd need to create a custom IOS specifically for the gamepad button input. It's a lot harder than it sounds to do.