Wii U contoller

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But that's a really cool addition to an already oustanding controller !
And I bet Wii games (480P or i ) will look better and sharper on the Wii U controller than on the big screen TV !
I can see a great potential for this.
I really like the Wii U so far. What I usually do I play games on the PC or on the Wii every night, then when I'm tired , I go to bad and play for an additional hour with the DS or PSP before I fall asleep.....do you see where I'm going ? Now I simply will take the controller to bed, and keep playing the Wii U !

I know they did something with the PSV that lets you tranfferr or whatever it is the save files back and forth from ht PS3, but if I'm not mistaken, that would require TWO copies of the same game, and the way prices are going so far I really don't think I will shell nearly twice as much for the luxury to play the same game on an handheld screen.

Nintendo does it right, as usual.

And when homebrew will eventually emerge, can you imagine how beautiful will it be to stream emulators to the controller and play on the couch or in bed ? I can hardly wait now !

D

Deleted User

Slyakin said:
Damn, a (semi) portable Wii... Nintendo, you still manage to surprise me.
Actually, that controller isn't as bad as I first thought...in fact, I like it! Not revolutionary, but a step forward.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
raulpica said:
Was I the only one who as soon saw the controller thought that the black thing hid two IR leds, which were for Wii sensor bar backwards compatibility?
unsure.gif
No, I figured as much also.
It has an IR port at the top, and 3.5mm socket for headphones up there too, with a standard-looking wii-mote slot on the bottom.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
machomuu said:
tigris said:
Slyakin said:
Actually, that controller isn't as bad as I first thought...in fact, I like it! Not revolutionary, but a step forward.
I'm a little shocked hearing that from you.
You'll grow to like it too pal. It's just that Tigris got accustomed to it more quickly than you. Everyone gets used to a thing one day or the other. Just like when the name of Wii was announced way back in 2005-2006. It's only a matter of time till everyone falls in love with this new concept and give it a go (i.e. buy it)

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that hasn't grown on me so far is the name. Sure, WiiU is decent... But the Nintendo Revolution or even the Nintendo Cafe would have been nice. :/

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with the Wii's sensor bar was that it did not use very much power, which was equivalent to two lit candles.

If the Wii U's IR emitters consume more power than the Wii sensor bar, we will likely see increased accuracy and range compatibility.

Actually, I hope that the sensor bar power port on the system outputs more power, rather than on the controller really.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so wait does this mean that the screen on the controller has 1080p out put, dude doing movies, and oh wow this is blowing my mind, thanks Nintendo again great year and good job on stealing the show cant wait to see if Microsoft and Sony follow suit

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
machomuu said:
tigris said:
Slyakin said:
I'm a little shocked hearing that from you.
You'll grow to like it too pal.
When did I say I didn't like it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage