Hacking wii u changing font cbhc brick

Braden_yes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i changed the font on my wii u and now whenever i boot up my wii u after cbhc autoboots it gives me a black screen

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
op, you do have the files, right. looks like you can get them wfs-extract. I extracted my mlc:

1633799912738.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might try another sd card. if that doesn't work, I think you'll need a hardmod. I've never heard of someone injecting the mlc partition stuff, just slc (i.e. cbhc brick or something similar with the core os).

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neither methods worked
Wait, do you see the CBHC screen at all, with white words and all that? Or do you just get a blank black screen.

If you don't see any CBHC screen at all, then I hate to tell you, it's a full brick. If you're getting the CBHC screen, you should be able to recover, but the fact that neither shortcut is working is very concerning. You are holding these buttons on the GamePad right? I don't think it works if you're using a Pro Controller or Wiimote to try and quick start the Homebrew Launcher or get into the CBHC launch menu.

Braden_yes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might try another sd card. if that doesn't work, I think you'll need a hardmod. I've never heard of someone injecting the mlc partition stuff, just slc (i.e. cbhc brick or something similar with the core os).
changing sd cards didn't work thus meaning... my wii u will never see the light of day again

Braden_yes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, do you see the CBHC screen at all, with white words and all that? Or do you just get a blank black screen.

If you don't see any CBHC screen at all, then I hate to tell you, it's a full brick. If you're getting the CBHC screen, you should be able to recover, but the fact that neither shortcut is working is very concerning. You are holding these buttons on the GamePad right? I don't think it works if you're using a Pro Controller or Wiimote to try and quick start the Homebrew Launcher or get into the CBHC launch menu.
the cbhc launch menu works fine just after auto boot blank screen and booting hbl from cbhc menu still gives me le black screen

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone else had a bricking issue with a font. he said it worked well at first, but then he kept getting a black screen. I think the auto booting getting into the hbl worked for him, not sure why it's not working for you unless something is severely corrupted.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not tried this mod, but I've changed fonts on the ps3. the size of the ttf file is usually indicative of the size of the font. however, the ones I've used on the ps3 are much, much smaller iirc, like less than 100KBs. I don't know what happens if you use one that small on the wii u. as you can see in the above picture, it's over 2MBs.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the cbhc launch menu works fine just after auto boot blank screen and booting hbl from cbhc menu still gives me le black screen
Alright, on the off-chance that you installed this version of CBHC:

img_20180125_201603-jpg.142784

Then, if you have FTPiiU installed in your Homebrew Launcher in it's default folder, you could try and hold - on boot and see if it will boot directly into FTPiiU. (side note to anyone browsing this thread, if you have CBHC, I highly recommend upgrading to this version of CBHC, can't remember who put it together, its on GBAtemp here somewhere, but having all those boot shortcuts is a game changer).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you'll need a teensy (think ++ is no longer made, but I'm not sure), your otp.bin, and the original file which you can get with the otp and a backup of the mlc. or I could give you the file, but it can't be here.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe you can rename ftpii u everywhere or something to homebrew_launcher.elf and put it in that folder to load that instead of the homebrew launcher. this works as I've tried it with the plugin manager.

Reactions: MikaDubbz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr