WII U Brick help

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by yinter, Feb 16, 2016.

1. yinter
    OP

yinter Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2016
    United States
    So I have an issue regarding my Wii U. Now my autistic little brother after multiple warnings bricked the family Wii U. He didn't intentionally brick it, but he's messing around with patches and stuff and it eventually led to our Wii menu being bricked. This wasn't the first time he's bricked a Wii menu. 4 years ago, he bricked our wii right after we installed homebrew. He downgraded the system version and inserted Smash Bros Brawl. Anyway, he said we should update the latest Wii U menu but we get error code 162-3006. Any solution to unbricking the Wii menu? Would also like to unbrick my Wii while I'm at it.

Thanks

2. H3llbender

H3llbender Cancer

Jun 1, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    Did you create a nand backup? If so, you would need to access the vWii's nand and re-write it. And even if you did do that, it would require soldering.

3. yinter
    OP

yinter Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2016
    United States
    I believe we did for the Wii U. I'm just not sure how to do that.

4. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Anything like that at this point would require a hardware flasher (don't think anyone has had success yet) since we don't have permissions from the WiiU side yet.

However, if you can't even boot vWii on your console, then for now it's a brick since you have no way to fix vWii and your WiiU will refuse to update.

If you can boot vWii, there are at least a few things to try.

Last edited by gunner007, Feb 16, 2016
  5. lembi2001

lembi2001 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2015
    AFAIK Smealum is the only person to successfully unbrick a WiiU.

His latest video showed the hardware mod required to do it hanging out the front of his device like an IV Drip.

6. yinter
    OP

yinter Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2016
    United States
    What happens if I just reset the Wii U, would that do anything?

7. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Does nothing. It won't fix vWii if you can't boot into it. Only way to fix is via update, but if you bricked vWii and any IOS 80 and under, it'll refuse to update. Best chance is maybe a disc, but no idea if that even works either.

8. DingusPingus

DingusPingus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 7, 2015
    United States
    How did your brother specifically brick it, I'm actually curious as to what patches he was trying to install that would lead to a brick