Wii U and Remote Interactivity in Patent

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DiscostewSM, May 18, 2012.

May 18, 2012
  1. DiscostewSM
    OP

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I can see it now....

"I bought a Wii U, and then broke the controller screen when I flung my Wiimote into it."

2. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    [​IMG]

More in Link

So,what do you guys think? Just the possibility of playing wii games off the controller sounds neat to me.

3. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    i recall before the Wii U got its debut at E3 last year that it was mentioned the controller would double up as sensor bar, seems to fit accordingly

2 people like this.
  4. JN_big3

Member JN_big3 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    There's no pic. Kindly reupload

5. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    :unsure: Try clearing your cache or cookies. (Not everything.)

6. JN_big3

Member JN_big3 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Thanks, it worked

7. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I don't see why I would want to wave a wiimote at the controller I'm holding in my other hand. Neither do I understand how the controller is going to get I'm pointing at it (if it acts like a wiimote sensor, that'll mean there will be two...so how to separate the main screen from the wiiU-mote one?).

About the only feature I can think of where it wouldn't suck is when you put the wiiU-mote next to (or underneath) your television so you get kinda like two monitors. It's kinda hard to estimate the screen size (+distance from your television), but perhaps you could have a rail shooter where the mini-screen serves as your HUD, and pointing at it can select other weapons.

1 person likes this.
  8. Tigran

Member Tigran GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I can easily see this for multi-player games. Also I think this is may be used for golf games and such.

Also, just because something is patended and feesable, doesn't mean it'll get used.

9. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States

a wild guess, if a normal wii game is streamed onto the wii u controller, this would allow you to use the wii mote on its screen. Other ideas i saw from some demostration reel was a golf game where you would place the wii u controller flat on the ground and use the wiimote as a club/putter, but with a wii motion plus you would imagine it would make the idea null and void