Gaming Wii U Aliens: Colonial Marines Has So Much More To Offer

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're not making sense. This is a feature directly built into the devkit that takes almost literally no effort for developers to implement. This is in no way comparable to any of the things you listed, especially because those require customers to have two pieces of hardware, You might as well be saying that you refuse to believe anyone will utilize the L button until the console comes out and we know for sure
>WiiU console and WiiU tablet controller not connected to each other

>two pieces of hardware

>Computer and ADSL/VDSL modem with WiFi
>two pieces of hardware

Eh. The problem in quite a few wireless features is the amount of data being forwarded. If the console itself has to do the processing, what can and cannot be done with it is purely dependent on specs. If there is some kind of transmission between the console and the viewing device (screens, controllers), the data has to be transmitted. If the max limit of data transmitted is achieved, we'll be in deep trouble..

What I'm trying to say is that we don't know the hardware of the console. Hell we even know that the hardware has changed between different showcases. Being pessimistic never lets you down :)

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The Wii U can happily transmit 60 frames per second to the controller. The complexity of the scene shown on the controller is irrelevant, because it's just video. It's like prerendered scenes. With the same encoding, something that looks good and something that doesn't takes up the same amount of space.

And by two pieces of hardware, I obviously meant two devices sold separately. The Wii U cannot be purchased without its controller.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hopefully with transmitting to the controller, it'll give some notification about wireless strength, considering how many people are taking the "tablet" approach to how they think it'll work.
Iwata on Wii u wireless range:

Yes. A certain range. Also, it is possible for you to be in a separate room from the living room where the console of the Wii U will be located. However, dependent upon the thickness, for example, of the wall, we cannot tell if you will be able to smoothly play on that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>WiiU console and WiiU tablet controller not connected to each other

>two pieces of hardware

>Computer and ADSL/VDSL modem with WiFi
>two pieces of hardware

You've overused your ">" for the month. Just throwing that out there.

And I don't see why anyone would doubt the data transfer thing to the Wii U controller. We can stream entire games via OnLive and similar services with little input lag, we can play wireless controllers practically as well as wired controllers. This isn't like some gigantic hurdle that Nintendo got to and went "Oh shit, let's just completely poop on this". I'm not too fond of the Wii U but I'm not gonna doubt it's streaming-to-controller abilities.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...