Homebrew Wii Transfer 2.6.1

ashesburn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Was reading the other topic about the MplayerWii by djdynamite123 and when I could not set it up for my mac, I went surfing for other alternatives.

Finally found a useful application for mac. Thought I share it with you guys since I did not find a similar topic elsewhere here.

Wii Transfer 2.6.1 - The Mac companion for your Wii

QUOTE said:
Wii Transfer can share your movies, music, and pictures directly to your Nintendo Wii using the Internet Channel. Copy Miis from your Wii back to your Mac and save them as images. Browse iTunes playlists and iPhoto albums on your television. Convert your movies to formats the Wii understands, either streaming directly from your Mac or for playback in the Wii's Photo Channel. Wii Transfer can even manage saved game backups copied to an SD card.

Screenshot on Mac
sharing_full.png

Screenshot on Wii
menu_full.png

However this application requires the Internet Channel to be installed.

More information can be found here.

ashesburn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yes I know what you mean. I switched to mac not too long ago. So wanted to be able to do everything in mac instead of loading windows everytime for wii related apps.

Hmm...in terms of quality are you referring to the application itself or the quality of viewing videos?

I'll have a look at this ORB too. Haven't heard of it before.

Oh and btw, any idea whether it's possible to configure the mplayer config file to read off a mac instead? Tried for ages and did not work. Not sure whether it's not supposed to work or I got the settings wrong.

ashesburn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah ok...so maybe I wouldn't try it then.

I tested Kungfu Panda for the Wii Transfer and the quality was fine. Will have a look at other movies and see how it goes.

If not then I'll constantly have to switch to Windows every now and then.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: Just started God of War 2 on the PS2