JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
any help for aa pal wii 4.3e?
i wanna make it dark themed, as much jolly rodgers as looks nice and i'm trying to get all forwarders a bit in the jolly rodger mood too. (if possible some hardcore/jumpstile/hardstyle music, i don't care for the rik since i know how to get back, it's one of the first models like: )

i can make png examples and mp3's for what i like, just don't have skills to get them in this wii

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
any help for aa pal wii 4.3e?
i wanna make it dark themed, as much jolly rodgers as looks nice and i'm trying to get all forwarders a bit in the jolly rodger mood too. (if possible some hardcore/jumpstile/hardstyle music, i don't care for the rik since i know how to get back, it's one of the first models like: )

i can make png examples and mp3's for what i like, just don't have skills to get them in this wii

for the theme you want to make i would suggest taking a look at the theme brlyt editor from my sig it has a base theme i made and can do most of the color changes that themes need

as for channels your options are to reskin a already made channel ad add the music you want or learn how to use benzin and make your own

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
thanks diddy81 i'll try. i alrredy have something but still need to get the wii again, (it's for a friend and not that much used anymore... seeing how much was possible.. she's really into thunderdome and masters of hardcore, and she liked all software possibilities for the wii... so i already modded a dozen of wii's but this time i wanna try a little more. not much of a programmer though, but gimp is at least something and i got about all music she likes (since i like the same music). thanks again.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it possible that a theme prevent access to Wifi settings?

My cousin has an issue where he can't change pages when in the settings (so only the 4 first options are available to him).
we tried using Settings editor Gui to launch the network settings but it reloads to HBC instead.

if we want to reinstall the default theme, how should we do?
downloading 4.3E 0000009a.app and replacing it with wiixplorer is enough?
He has priiloader installed, where is stored system menu?

00000001/00000002/ is system menu, but it's now priiloader right?
System menu location is in a different folder now?
if we want to replace the .app file, where should we place it?

is it easier to download system menu as wad from NUSD to replace it, then reinstall priiloader?
it will correctly move the new system menu files to the existing alternate folder and replace old corrupted files?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
just reinstalling original system menu should do the trick. i don't know about if it effects the system but it could be a wrong region (each region and each fw has other theme files used). i still await for the wii i prommised to fully mod.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
reinstalling original system menu would replace priiloader.
I don't know how priiloader acts when reinstalling it if the new folder where the real (and old corrupted) system menu already exists.

that's why I thought maybe it's better to just replace the .app file manually (FSToolbox or WiiXplorer), but I don't know the location of the system menu when priiloader is installed.

or maybe it's not a new folder, system menu is still in /00000001/00000002/
but priiloader only rename the system menu .app file?
so I can replace the theme .app in that folder.

Edit:
I checked the sources,
it's only renaming the system menu .app file, not moving the folder to a new titleID.
system menu 000000xx.app is renamed 100000xx.app
so replacing the theme .app file should fix it, if the network issue is really related to current theme.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have tried quite a few mymenuify themes long time ago but unfortunately, most themes affect some menu setting one way or the other; like wifi setting or wiimote IR calibration. So here I am back to Wii original system menu and re-installed priiloader.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
reinstalling original system menu would replace priiloader.
I don't know how priiloader acts when reinstalling it if the new folder where the real (and old corrupted) system menu already exists.

that's why I thought maybe it's better to just replace the .app file manually (FSToolbox or WiiXplorer), but I don't know the location of the system menu when priiloader is installed.

or maybe it's not a new folder, system menu is still in /00000001/00000002/
but priiloader only rename the system menu .app file?
so I can replace the theme .app in that folder.

Edit:
I checked the sources,
it's only renaming the system menu .app file, not moving the folder to a new titleID.
system menu 000000xx.app is renamed 100000xx.app
so replacing the theme .app file should fix it, if the network issue is really related to current theme.

if you install the 000000xx.app base with mymenuify that will bring the system back to the default theme and not remove priiloader
priiloader is only removed if you install the system menu wad

ive never heard of a theme stopping access to the 2nd page of the settings even if the on screen buttons was removed you should still be able to change page with the + or - on the wiimote i would have thought

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
even if the button were removed, I thought Setting editor GUI could launch the network setting.
But even that didn't work, it reboot to hbc.
I don't know what he did to his system menu. Maybe reinstalling the wad entirely is better to fix it.

I just don't know how priiloader acts when reinstalling it if he finds an already renamed .app file in the folder.

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
even if the button were removed, I thought Setting editor GUI could launch the network setting.
But even that didn't work, it reboot to hbc.
I don't know what he did to his system menu. Maybe reinstalling the wad entirely is better to fix it.

I just don't know how priiloader acts when reinstalling it if he finds an already renamed .app file in the folder.

priiloader gets removed when you install a menu wad

what i would do is load HBC then a wad manager
install the system menu wad
then without rebooting the wii install priiloader

i had a problem a few weeks back with themes i was getting errors when i tried to install any and doing this fixed it and since i didnt reboot before reinstalling priiloader i still had the brick protection just in case anything went wrong

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
reinstalling the wad replace priiloader, but doesn't delete the renamed system menu.
priiloader installs itself as system_menu.app and rename the real system_menu.app from filename.app to 1filename.app (it adds a 1)

when you reinstall the wad, it only replace the original filename (which is now priiloader) so priiloader get uninstalled.
But the renamed file being there, I didn't know if it was an issue when reinstalling priiloader.
I suppose it's not an issue, it probably delete existing file (the corrupted system menu) and rename the good system menu to 1filename.app again.

Maybe it's too technical and I probably shouldn't worry.
Thanks for your help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj