Hacking Wii Theme Team Creations

JoshuaEpling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the tpl was a file named BG_16x9 and folder named that contained the ash files. I found out from another user, ASH files contained the images I needed and they were in tpl format. Also, I need a U8 tool of some kind to extract the ash file and a tpl converter. I found that Show Mii Wads a tpl converter. I overlooked the U8 extractor in Show Mii Wads and Show Mii Wads extracted and converted the images I needed. Thanks again for helping me. I like this forum, though I feel stupid cuz when I did this a year or two ago, I didn't go this deep to hack a Wii make it unique. I'm glad users are willing to help, I just hope I didn't aggravate anyone. I really appreciate the help.

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
having a problem making a csm file.running vista 32 bit with user account controls off. wii is 4.3e. open nus download -tick wad and decryp boxes - database - system - system menu - v 4.3e - start nus download. open nus downloader folder - 2 new files scripts (which is empty) and titles - open titles 0000000100000002 - open 514 - select 0000009a.app - drop on desktop. open mymenu - enter source 0000009a.app - enter mym tmnt 4.0.mym -click create mymenu - FATAL ERROR- IMAGE FAILED TO RESIZE, I WONDER WHY THAT IS MAYBE ISSUE WITH INPUT (WAD, SCRIPT, BASE ETC). can anyone help me please

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
Hi, don't know if i am posting in the right place but it's on the same subject. I have installed the dark red theme from the link 7th down the page, but i have 3 minor glitches.
1 priiloader was removed from my console
2 where the disk channel is on the new theme there is a white semi-circle where it should be black
3 when you turn the wii controller on and all four lights flash before it goes to player 1 led lit, only 3 led's flash on the controller. the led is not dead as i have a homebrew app which lets the led's flash in sequence and all four light up.
does anybody have any solutions to the glitches? oh, don't say re-install priiloader as thats obvious

having a problem making a csm file.running vista 32 bit with user account controls off. wii is 4.3e. open nus download -tick wad and decryp boxes - database - system - system menu - v 4.3e - start nus download. open nus downloader folder - 2 new files scripts (which is empty) and titles - open titles 0000000100000002 - open 514 - select 0000009a.app - drop on desktop. open mymenu - enter source 0000009a.app - enter mym tmnt 4.0.mym -click create mymenu - FATAL ERROR- IMAGE FAILED TO RESIZE, I WONDER WHY THAT IS MAYBE ISSUE WITH INPUT (WAD, SCRIPT, BASE ETC). can anyone help me please

got this sorted, the tutorial i used gave me the wrong info

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1) installing a theme with mymenuify doesnt remove priiloader if you installed a system wad thats patched with a theme that would remove priiloader
2) not sure i get you would need to see a pic
3) this has nothing to do with themes the lights flash telling you how much charge is in your batterys

GrahamWatts

Trophies
XP
lol i thought i had an error just realised the semi-circle on the disk channel was saying there was a disk in the drive :)
i dont know why since i installed themes my wiimote has 3 blue led's flashing not 4 (when turning wiimote on) but the blue led still works as i have checked it with a homebrew app wimmote sequence anyone else get this?

i do like the themes ...thanks guys :)

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i thought i had an error just realised the semi-circle on the disk channel was saying there was a disk in the drive :)
i dont know why since i installed themes my wiimote has 3 blue led's flashing not 4 (when turning wiimote on) but the blue led still works as i have checked it with a homebrew app wimmote sequence anyone else get this?

i do like the themes ...thanks guys :)
There is a bug in some older batteries that means not all of the LEDs will illuminate. These batteries will seem alright when you first get them, but after a while the bug really starts to kick in. At first it'll be three LEDs, then it'll go down to two, then one, and then the bug will get so bad that they won't allow the wiimote to work at all. The best way to fix the bug is to buy a fresh set of batteries. The bug varies by brand, so feel free to experiment. :P

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so how would i go about getting rid of the spinny boxes on the dark wii red theme ?
use mod mii is the easiest way to do it.. run/download mod mii (stickies in hacking section). open an run. go to page/# 3 (system menu themes). type CE once the page is loaded, this will let you set up menu to have fast spin,no spin,slow spin...ect. then put in your sm # then d . it will download. if this is your first time running mod mii/downloading. then suspend you anti for atleast 5 min.( don't worry program is FDA appovied.) :lol:

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anybody up for posting the luigi theme PAL for ducht Wii's?

ATM the Health screen is screwed up and some other edit are absent.

DonkulousPrime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know programming so I've got a question or two :)

Which ash. do I use to make the menu background clear, so I can see the full image, and how do I change the color of the text and back ground for all menus? I know how to unpack the ash. file, how to edit and replace the xmlyt/brlyt...I just don't know what numbers go where. It's a little confusing(for me).

Reactions: 1 person

Deanr1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i wanna use the darkwii red theme but i wanna custom it, so i wanna know if i can change the spinning to non spinning & also change the healthscreen to something else? I have already created a it_Has_a_EU_ENG.tpl for my 4.1e theme but dont know how to add it to my darkwii red theme? Help please, or can you give me any advise or tutorials to read through? Oh i have a backup of my boomii file, my wii has boot2 & also preloader installed.

Please help thanks in advance peps :)

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i wanna use the darkwii red theme but i wanna custom it, so i wanna know if i can change the spinning to non spinning & also change the healthscreen to something else? I have already created a it_Has_a_EU_ENG.tpl for my 4.1e theme but dont know how to add it to my darkwii red theme? Help please, or can you give me any advise or tutorials to read through? Oh i have a backup of my boomii file, my wii has boot2 & also preloader installed.

you can find the non spinning option inside mod mii, when you download the theme( page 3, then type ce till you see the option you want). the themes are renamed zip files. so if it is already a csm file just rename it. i'm not sure what ash file the health screen is you'll have to search for that(sorry). you can use theme mii to handle that part of the puzzle(finding the ash for health screen). i do know it has to be a png file to replace it. hope this helps.

Deanr1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

you can find the non spinning option inside mod mii, when you download the theme( page 3, then type ce till you see the option you want). the themes are renamed zip files. so if it is already a csm file just rename it. i'm not sure what ash file the health screen is you'll have to search for that(sorry). you can use theme mii to handle that part of the puzzle(finding the ash for health screen). i do know it has to be a png file to replace it. hope this helps.

I have tried the non spinning option inside mod mii but it still spins? & i can & have created my healthscreen from & png & converted it to a tpl file but dont know where or how to insert this into a theme? any help please devs

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
modmii defaults to non spin and should deffo work fine
if you really cant get it that way theres a mym in the first post you can apply to a csm

the easist for you to change the health would be to open the mym extract the health.ash and open it in szs modifer then swap the png in there

Deanr1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
modmii defaults to non spin and should deffo work fine
if you really cant get it that way theres a mym in the first post you can apply to a csm

the easist for you to change the health would be to open the mym extract the health.ash and open it in szs modifer then swap the png in there

I still dont get it Diddy81, ive tried thememii & i cant even make sense of the add health screen, i can do it but it dont look right in the mym or csm! do you have time to add my health screen to a non spinning darkwii red on 4.1e please mate? i can supply the png or the it_Has_a_EU_ENG.tpl file i wanna use, i pulling my hair out with this, plus i searched every where for a tutorial but cant find a advanced or noob proof one anywhere???? pm me or let me know via this thread if you wouldnt mind mate, thanks in advance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.