Hardware Wii teardown (unkown part)

gimmegames108

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well someone gave me a Wii. It's a RVL-CPU-20 revision. When I brought the Wii home, I was struck by the strong odor of cigarettes and another smell that I'm quite familiar with from bringing home other used electronics over the years, ROACHES. I immediately tore the system down and as the smell got stronger, I saw a lot of dead roaches and debris. I cleaned what could be cleaned. I did a pretty thorough job and tore it down completely, even taking apart the DVD drive (that's another story). It's been sitting around for 8 months (other projects got in the way). Well I have noticed that I have a part that I can't find in any teardown that I have looked at. I come to you asking for help.

And I'm guessing I can't link to Imgur, :(

gimmegames108

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can upload a picture here.

Not until after 5 posts.
I hope it doesn't mean threads, because now I'm stuck at 1 every 24 hrs. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Toxic 9 - Thanks

Attachments

• 20190902_070721[1].jpg
    20190902_070721[1].jpg
    692.2 KB · Views: 181
Reactions: Alexander1970

gimmegames108

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No way! You mean that piece that disappears between 11:29 & 11:30? OMG, I must have watched this video 50+ times last night and today and it's right in front of my eyes. Thanks yet again.

Quick question, If I'm loading off of USB, does the DVD drive still need to be in the unit. I plan to buy a new drive in a couple of weeks, I don't think this one will ever work.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.