Gaming Wii System update didnt loose My Hack.

  • Thread starter Thread starter pangasinan
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,398
  • Replies Replies 3

pangasinan

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2009
Messages
113
Reaction score
5
Trophies
1
XP
197
Country
United States
Today I updated my wii from 3.2 to 4.3 using the wii system update and it never removed my softmod.
The homebrew channel is still there ,my emulators are still there and working and now the wads that wouldn't load before are now loading like they should.
The only thing I had to do after the update is reinstall ios 249.
How is this possible ? I thought updating was suppose to remove the softmod or doesn't that happen anymore ? ,anyway I am happy about this.
 
Yup it's normal since the hbc 1.08 update.
Only Cios will be stubbed by nintendo.
Unknown channels will not be removed.
Most homebrew like emulators run on ios58, wich is an nintendo official ios.
Bootmii and priiloader are removed through update but can be reinstalled afterwards, just run the hackmii installer.
It's recommended since you where on sm4.1 and likely your hbc was't running on ios58.
 
Thanks for the reply.. Bootmii was not removed,not sure about priloader though,havent checked yet.
I installed ios 58 about a week before the update,but now when I use the ios 58 installer,it fails to install ,is this normal ?
thanks
 
I installed ios 58 about a week before the update,but now when I use the ios 58 installer,it fails to install ,is this normal ?

IOS 58 is an official IOS so Nintendo won't delete it if you update and there is no need to install it again. ;)
The IOS 58 installer was just created to give this IOS to people without 4.3.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted