OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently installed IOS35, and did that whole thing so I could get some WADs on my 4.0 LU30 Wii. Now, when I put a Wii game in my Wii, the disc channel always says Wii System Update, and the only way I can play is by launching the game through Ocarina, or GeckoOS... and that gets pretty annoying tbqh. Should I update it? I have wads installed and the HBC, or should I move the WADs to an SD card and remove the HBC and repeat the process every time I want to install a wad? Is this supposed to happen, and if not, how can I fix it?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Install preloader OR Startpatch hacks and enable the skip disc update check hack.

And no moving things to the SD card won't do anything and may require you to reinstall the HBC if you move that off.

Shuam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Install preloader OR Startpatch hacks and enable the skip disc update check hack.

And no moving things to the SD card won't do anything and may require you to reinstall the HBC if you move that off.
So by doing this I will be able to use the disc channel? Because on youtube all it's showing is that you can play wads off the SD with it. :s

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shuam said:
nabster92 said:

So by doing this I will be able to use the disc channel? Because on youtube all it's showing is that you can play wads off the SD with it. :s

First off don't go to youtube for any sort of information.

Second, you can play wad's off the SD card menu by patching IOS60 which can be done with the IOS60 updater in the ultimate 4.0 guide's online package.

Third, Preloader itself is just a tool to protect you from bricking your Wii by replacing the system menu and moving it somewhere else so preloader boots before it in case you corrupt your system menu somehow. Also with it you can install hacks that can be found in a hacks.ini file you can find for your region online. One of these hacks is "remove disc update check" which does exactly as it says and stops games from checking for updates that it has on it so you can just load them straight from the disc channel. Even if that doesn't work for any reason you could also enable the "move disc channel" hack and move the disc channel somewhere else and replace it with a channel for geckoOS or an actual backup loader or something.

This can also be done using Startpatch for the hacks at least, it does not provide the brick protection though.

And if you want to install preloader AND patch IOS60 to load wads from your sd card menu then patch IOS60 FIRST and then install preloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE