Hardware Wii System Update 3.2

stingfist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Today I opened up my Wii Shop Channel, and it says the channel has been updated and I have to perform a system update to use it, well, should I? Just after Wii being hacked, a System Update gets released...I'm kind of doubtful it only includes the Wii Shop Update...Have any of you guys done the update yet?
unsure.gif

Edit: Yeah it's not 3.2, but it is a system update and made me think anyways
happy.gif
sorry for the possibly wrong info!

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Uhm, i don't think that's "3.2" it's just an update for the shop channel, for some minor change or something.
And I don't think it's to block the hack..
"Just after Wii being hacked, a System Update gets released..."
Well, when should it be released? the hack was presented 1-2 weeks ago ( ? ) and it was quite some time since they updated it.. nothing weird if there would be a update now.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a second here, stingfist may very well be talking about the update released alongside Photo Channel 1.1 and mistaken it for a new update. In that case, it's not new. I'm going to check to see.

EDIT: NVM sorry, they put in the warning before it even checks the update, I'm not going to risk it. I thought the console first checked if there was an update, then gave you the warning. That way I could cancel if there was.
tongue.gif

T

TroyBagnell

I got a question (not sure if this is the proper thread, but whatever):

What is the point of these updates anyways? Is there anything ever really important included in them? I was thinking of getting my Wii modded but I'm a little worried that I'll need one of these updates and I won't be able to because it'll brick my system.

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
Erm, I have every update possible and nothing has hurt my wii w/ wiikey so update away.

I even connected and attempted to update and test it, yeah it warned me but it's no bother - theres nothing new anyway...

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no 3.2

It is just a Shop Channel update only. It will update the button design on the main page as well as a few options while shopping (like gift giving a VC game).

Also, inside the WiiWare section, you can download Photo Channel (1.1) where it adds some stuff and removed MP3 playback.

EDIT: It's not a system update. It would be one of those things you download from the Shop Channel's WiiWare normally but since it's updating that channel, it can be open while it does so. So they have it update through the system update option. Also, this has been out for awhile now. Before the Wii got hacked.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It prompted me for a system update but the number stayed 3.1u. I couldn't just update a single channel, it wanted me to do a system update before I could go into the shopping channel.

My modchip (YAOSM) was not effected in any way.

these updates are safe you yahoos...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/