Wii System Update 3.2

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by stingfist, Jan 6, 2008.

Jan 6, 2008

Wii System Update 3.2 by stingfist at 1:06 PM (3,123 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. stingfist
    OP

Newcomer stingfist Advanced Member

Turkey
    Today I opened up my Wii Shop Channel, and it says the channel has been updated and I have to perform a system update to use it, well, should I? Just after Wii being hacked, a System Update gets released...I'm kind of doubtful it only includes the Wii Shop Update...Have any of you guys done the update yet? [​IMG]

Edit: Yeah it's not 3.2, but it is a system update and made me think anyways [​IMG] sorry for the possibly wrong info!

2. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    hmm, another one? i haven't even updated to the previous one yet lol

3. noONE

Member noONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweden
    Uhm, i don't think that's "3.2" it's just an update for the shop channel, for some minor change or something.
    And I don't think it's to block the hack..
    "Just after Wii being hacked, a System Update gets released..."
    Well, when should it be released? the hack was presented 1-2 weeks ago ( ? ) and it was quite some time since they updated it.. nothing weird if there would be a update now.

4. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    Im not going to update. I just ordered my YAOSM PICs. I don't want them to be blocked.

5. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Just a second here, stingfist may very well be talking about the update released alongside Photo Channel 1.1 and mistaken it for a new update. In that case, it's not new. I'm going to check to see.

EDIT: NVM sorry, they put in the warning before it even checks the update, I'm not going to risk it. I thought the console first checked if there was an update, then gave you the warning. That way I could cancel if there was. [​IMG]

6. TroyBagnell

TroyBagnell Newbie

I got a question (not sure if this is the proper thread, but whatever):

What is the point of these updates anyways? Is there anything ever really important included in them? I was thinking of getting my Wii modded but I'm a little worried that I'll need one of these updates and I won't be able to because it'll brick my system.

7. mr deez

Member mr deez GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Erm, I have every update possible and nothing has hurt my wii w/ wiikey so update away.

I even connected and attempted to update and test it, yeah it warned me but it's no bother - theres nothing new anyway...

8. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    I am running v3.1u. I connected to the Wii Shop channel and it never told me to update. Maybe there is no 3.2 right now.

9. jumpman17

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    There is no 3.2

It is just a Shop Channel update only. It will update the button design on the main page as well as a few options while shopping (like gift giving a VC game).

Also, inside the WiiWare section, you can download Photo Channel (1.1) where it adds some stuff and removed MP3 playback.

EDIT: It's not a system update. It would be one of those things you download from the Shop Channel's WiiWare normally but since it's updating that channel, it can be open while it does so. So they have it update through the system update option. Also, this has been out for awhile now. Before the Wii got hacked.

10. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It prompted me for a system update but the number stayed 3.1u. I couldn't just update a single channel, it wanted me to do a system update before I could go into the shopping channel.

My modchip (YAOSM) was not effected in any way.

these updates are safe you yahoos...

11. B4rtj4h

Member B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Netherlands
    Confirm that they are also save for the Wiikey users [​IMG]