Hacking Wii System Formating

Skiller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
K i know this is a Lame Question but u know was kinda thinking does the wii format get rid of Custom Ios and Clear the boot to ? or does it just kill the CHans all the chans and saves ?

i put this in here because i mainly want to know if it kills Cios and just keeps the Factory ones ..

Sorry about the Noob Question but i cant seem to find info on this but a google said it could mess things up .. so want to see what peeps here have to say thanks

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Furthermore, formatting changes your Wii's keys, meaning you can't revert with BootMii and you lose your Shop Account. This is bad. Never format, it's useless to modders like you and only makes things more difficult later.

If you want to remove homebrew from your system, search for a guide on virginizing your Wii.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
Furthermore, formatting changes your Wii's keys, meaning you can't revert with BootMii and you lose your Shop Account. This is bad. Never format, it's useless to modders like you and only makes things more difficult later.

If you want to remove homebrew from your system, search for a guide on virginizing your Wii.
Are you sure? I find that hard to swallow. Especially since all ios and SM remain, I doubt the keys change. I also doubt you would loose your shop account by using a built in feature of the SM. Not that I have ever used the shop, but it makes no sense for N to set it up like that.

I am very sure that your nand.bin would still be valid. And I would be very a very upset customer if it voided my shop acount, so not likely.

Perhaps you are thinking of the comix nand formater, which would change the SN and void your shop account. But even this does not effect the system keys.

Also, virignizing a wii is always a bad idea, unless you plan to send it to Nintendo for repair.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
Are you sure? I find that hard to swallow. Especially since all ios and SM remain, I doubt the keys change. I also doubt you would loose your shop account by using a built in feature of the SM. Not that I have ever used the shop, but it makes no sense for N to set it up like that.

I am very sure that your nand.bin would still be valid. And I would be very a very upset customer if it voided my shop acount, so not likely.

Perhaps you are thinking of the comix nand formater, which would change the SN and void your shop account. But even this does not effect the system keys.

Also, virignizing a wii is always a bad idea, unless you plan to send it to Nintendo for repair.
My bad, I was indeed confusing the two along with previous reports of formatting causing BootMii restores to fail. Formatting does not change the keys. Regardless, it is not very useful.

As for virginizing, the only reason to do so is to send in a Wii for repair or to sell it hack-free to another person.

Skiller

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Szalkow said:
mauifrog said:

My bad, I was indeed confusing the two along with previous reports of formatting causing BootMii restores to fail. Formatting does not change the keys. Regardless, it is not very useful.

As for virginizing, the only reason to do so is to send in a Wii for repair or to sell it hack-free to another person.

Thanks for the info .. i was only asking since i was testing something on a game lol
tongue.gif

so mainly i will lose only HBC whitch i can Reinstall

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1