Hacking Wii suddenly wont read sd card?

weirdwaldo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my wii was running perfectly fine with 4.0u, Cios 13a then suddenly out of nowhere it wont load a bunch of things on the sd card (4gb kingston microsdhc). For instance, coverfloader and usbloader_gx and wad manager will load perfectly fine, as will homebrew browser. My emulators wont work, neither will my sd card reader programs ive tried.

If it helps I noticed when I load usbloader_gx it wont load the game covers automatically, I have to click on the sd card button to get them to load.

Tried new versions, formatted my card, reloaded all newest versions....still no answer

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is normal more or less. SDHC cards are not that well supported, "Micro" versions in an adapter often are some sort of bitchy. Some apps will be able to read it, others don't, as you already mentioned. If you want near 100% compatibility you will need a normal SD card. Those are supported by pretty much everything without problems.

weirdwaldo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okie dokie....kinda had a feeling that was the deal to be honsest. Time to go tear the card outta my camera
biggrin.gif

weirdwaldo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out the card WAS formatted as FAT, tried FAT32, same deal. Even tried the panasonic format-a-doodle whatzit with no luck.

When the emulators wont load also the wii remote becomes disconnected....dunno if that matters

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
"Micro" versions in an adapter often are some sort of bitchy.
Really? I've got this one here and it has never given me any problems on anything, including BootMii. Might be a card to try if you are out of options. I use this sort of card in my Supercard also. It works quite well, is Class 6 (so it's reasonably fast), and is dirt cheap.

weirdwaldo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, im starting to think its not a card problem. However after thinking a bit, this didnt happen until I went from cios 10 to 13a so I could get ghostbusters and indiana jones to work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz