Wii Street U is out in Japan

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why isn't it WiiU Street? I find the wording highly unappealing.

Not only is Street put on the logical spot for the verb, making it sound like "A Wii is street'ing you (U)", completely forgetting that the console's name is WiiU, not Wii, it's also reminiscent of the horrible fail that is the PSP Street to begin with.

True. :lol:
I know a good name for this App - how about Google Earth U? Naw, that'd make too much sense. Other than that, cool.
That equal if not worse of a name. :P :lol:

Seriously tho, it a bit more then Google Earth and that name for the app doesn't represent Nintendo.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
on google maps you can also see it with street view and can see the street 360 degrees (i just looked at my house and street on it) that's all this does except on the wiiu
I'll bet any money that 99% of us did this the first time we tried Google Street View! We've got the entire world to view in 360 degrees and guess what: 'let's see our house!!' Surely it's easier to open the front door and walk out! ......More exciting still was the fact the car in my drive was not my last un, but the one before! 'Awww, look at the old banger!' (my old car, not the wife!) 'Ooo and look at them bushes, haven't they grown since!' - Christ almighty! No prizes for guessing where the missus will fire up first when this comes to Europe! (yes I'll probably do it again too lol!)

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I thought this thread was going to be about a cheaper, lower quality WiiU, kind of like the PSP Street thing that few people wanted. It would be impossible this early, but yeah.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll bet any money that 99% of us did this the first time we tried Google Street View! We've got the entire world to view in 360 degrees and guess what: 'let's see our house!!'

I don't remember seeing anyone taking pics of my house either and I notice everything that happens around it

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The name sounds like someone pronouncing one of those "I [heart] you" T-shirt graphics literally. We [street] U?

"We
ebItstX.png
U".

"We
BrRtEqK.png
U."

"We
OQdQlGU.gif
U."

It looks neat, though. Is anything similar available for tablet PCs/smartphones?

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would hold we are barely at the early DS naming nonsense yet and not even close to the N64 at its worst.

At least it's not as bad as Super this and Super that.... *shudders* I think only a few of the games actually earned the title, the rest super sucked...

On the main topic, I really do want to try it out. I have used Google street view for a long time to find places and check them out before actually going to them, but using the mouse with it is a pain in the ass at times and if this makes it even a little easier to use I will consider the entire Wii-U purchase completely worth it.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It looks neat, though. Is anything similar available for tablet PCs/smartphones?

I really hope not. It's one thing to spin around aiming your controller everywhere in an attempt to recreate 360 degrees in your living room. But if it would be on truly mobile devices, we'll be entering a new realm of sillyness.

*two years from now*
Me: *flailing around a tablet like a Japanese tourist on steroids* OMG!!!! I can see my house from here!!! :D
Neighbor: erm...yeah. Of course. You're standing right next to it.
Me: no! I mean on this screen! :D
Neighbor: yeah...welcome to the 21st century. You finally got a hardware thingamajig with a camera and a screen?
Me: It already has this. I mean I can view anywhere in the world now. Watch...let me show you the end of the street.
Neighbor: we can see the end of the street from here. Are you going to tell me when there's something interesting about this?
Me: ...
Me: this suddenly lost a lot of its charm. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy