Hacking Wii Sports Resort PAL Error #001

eddie182

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello.

I have a PAL Wii 3.2E with a hardmodded Wiikey V1. I have USB Loader 1.5+cfg and cIOS rev13 installed. I recently downloaded the PAL version of Wii Sports Resort which I presumed would work flawlessly on my PAL Wii.

However, when I load the game via USB loader with 002 fix on, it returns 'error #001 unauthorized device has been detected'. Then I tried booting the game with the alternate dol which boots to the WiiMotionPlus tutorial videos. I have watched them all through and then I click return to game and it reboots my Wii. I have read that you then boot the game without the alternate dol and it works properly, however, mine still returns the #001 error as previously stated. It boots the same with 002 fix on or off and the videos load fine every time I use the alternate dol. It's just the regular boot dol that returns this error.

I have looked around and there seem to be people having similar problems running PAL WSR on NTSC Wii, however, none from running PAL WSR on a PAL Wii. The only thing I can think of that is ruining it is my modchip. I tried disconnecting the power to the Wiikey V1 (I had a switch installed) to turn it off, yet it still returned the error.

The game I downloaded was obviously scrubbed as it totalled around 900mb-1gb when downloading.

Is there anything I need to do to the game in order to get it to run, like patch it or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks
smile.gif

*EDIT: Simply burned the game to DVD after using Brickblocker and ran it in the disk channel. Ran fine. Don't know why I didn't try this before.

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
I got it working using USBLoader GX.

Although that wouldn't work with the AltDol method. I had to use WiiPowers Gamma loader R4 with the AltDol method, then once the vid had played (how dull!), run USBLoader GX with 002 fix on only.

Now it runs each time.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Which USB loader did you use? You should only get 001 with a loader that would be compatible with Sam & Max, if the cIOS was compatible too.

welshy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still getting the 001 error in USBloader GX after successfully running it through NeoGamma. What do I need to do please?

Ravager90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
guys o.O I'm running from Coverfloader USB-Loade, which has no alt-Dolsupport, with Anti-002 actived without any problems, think you should try Coverfloader v1 ... works like a charm with Wii SPorts resort.

th3_rul3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like I posted on wii hacks
http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-h...html#post113898

Hello Fellow peoples
Here is my simple solution for Wii Sports Resorts PAL version which cause the green screen,black screen, 001 error or black & white-color problems
Now mind you, I know how it is to try and get a game to work and research it
Using countless hours to find your solution and I tend to have that "I cant quit" personality. And that is exactly what happen with most of these well common games that just wont LOAD correctly, I didn't quit. Also I love how ppl post on forums saying how they got the game to work and state very few things on how they got it to work..like.."with Neogamma 6 and something or some setting they used. I know you seen them and they just DON't help. Also for people who post rambling along how the games (specifically PAL) and about the PAL signal, PAL/NTSC TV's and ETC. "IF you dont have a PAL TV for this it WONT work!" Several people on this site stated that like someone called OSSOT I believe
Your about to be PROVEN WRONG and FYI: People do care on getting this work, if they didn't why spend hours trying to get it to work and I'm sure people will appreciate what they about to see

FYI: I have a NTSC HDTV not a OLD TV nor a PAL TV
I have a USA NTSC Wii...NTSC-U I think..idk..and..idc..for now ha
I have NeoGamma R5[Rev 10] I didn't need Rev 13 a or b to load ANY games.
I dont have usb loader
And I dont have all this other crap ppl be using to run games or whatever. Stuff I never seen or heard of

NOW here we GO finally LoL

Wii Sports Resorts PAL for NTSC wii-NTSC TV and maybe even for PAL TVs and etc

REGION settings

Force Vid: DISC [YES I said DISC]
Patch Vid: ALL
VIDTV Patch: YES
Patch Country Strings: YES [Why not patch it ALL is a PAL version anyway..? aha]

Configuration Options

Anti 002 Fix: YES [of course,LoL]
Save Config: YES [of course you want it to save it!]

Launch GAME from DVD

Now mind you, you do need RZTJ.dol in your NeoGamma Folder
This post was specially for ppl who seen and done that motion + movie thing already

You dont have RZTJ.dol? DAMN...well..get it here. Compliments to VashTS
http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-h...-001-error.html
OR
http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-h...01-error-3.html
Again compliments to VashTS oh btw you need to alter those steps for 2nd link...RENAME it to RZTJ.dol NOT RZTJ01.dol which is for that GX loader and you will have to place the RZTJ.dol in apps/NeoGamma Folder on your SD card
NOW I did both and I believe the 2nd link I posted from VashTS works! Either one most likely does.
Now,I did this with the Jap version and for the PAL version I DID NOT have to watch the vid again..but you will have to start from the very beginning. Now I haven't got far in the game I tried two mini games..so Im good nor do I care for starting at the beginning.

I do Hope you Enjoy the Game as I will enjoy it. I enjoyed seeing it Load versus seeing a Green Screen more than anything and I did have a BIG Smile Like so
biggrin.gif

I'm sure and positive this was a BIG help and I suppose hitting the THANKS button would be sensible and appreciated. I'll be around and IM me/message me I suppose for further talk and so forth. PEACE!

*** Th3_Rul3r ***
Destined to Rule Over Everything

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
th3_rul3r said:

Hello Fellow peoples
Here is my simple solution for Wii Sports Resorts PAL version which cause the green screen,black screen, 001 error or black & white-color problems
Now mind you, I know how it is to try and get a game to work and research it
Using countless hours to find your solution and I tend to have that "I cant quit" personality. And that is exactly what happen with most of these well common games that just wont LOAD correctly, I didn't quit. Also I love how ppl post on forums saying how they got the game to work and state very few things on how they got it to work..like.."with Neogamma 6 and something or some setting they used. I know you seen them and they just DON't help. Also for people who post rambling along how the games (specifically PAL) and about the PAL signal, PAL/NTSC TV's and ETC. "IF you dont have a PAL TV for this it WONT work!" Several people on this site stated that like someone called OSSOT I believe
Your about to be PROVEN WRONG and FYI: People do care on getting this work, if they didn't why spend hours trying to get it to work and I'm sure people will appreciate what they about to see

FYI: I have a NTSC HDTV not a OLD TV nor a PAL TV
I have a USA NTSC Wii...NTSC-U I think..idk..and..idc..for now ha
I have NeoGamma R5[Rev 10] I didn't need Rev 13 a or b to load ANY games.
I dont have usb loader
And I dont have all this other crap ppl be using to run games or whatever. Stuff I never seen or heard of

NOW here we GO finally LoL

REGION settings

Patch Country Strings: YES [Why not patch it ALL is a PAL version anyway..? aha]

Configuration Options

Launch GAME from DVD

Now mind you, you do need RZTJ.dol in your NeoGamma Folder
This post was specially for ppl who seen and done that motion + movie thing already

You dont have RZTJ.dol? DAMN...well..get it here. Compliments to VashTS
http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-h...-001-error.html
OR
http://www.wiihacks.com/general-homebrew-h...01-error-3.html
Again compliments to VashTS oh btw you need to alter those steps for 2nd link...RENAME it to RZTJ.dol NOT RZTJ01.dol which is for that GX loader and you will have to place the RZTJ.dol in apps/NeoGamma Folder on your SD card
NOW I did both and I believe the 2nd link I posted from VashTS works! Either one most likely does.
Now,I did this with the Jap version and for the PAL version I DID NOT have to watch the vid again..but you will have to start from the very beginning. Now I haven't got far in the game I tried two mini games..so Im good nor do I care for starting at the beginning.

I do Hope you Enjoy the Game as I will enjoy it. I enjoyed seeing it Load versus seeing a Green Screen more than anything and I did have a BIG Smile Like so
biggrin.gif

I'm sure and positive this was a BIG help and I suppose hitting the THANKS button would be sensible and appreciated. I'll be around and IM me/message me I suppose for further talk and so forth. PEACE!

*** Th3_Rul3r ***
Destined to Rule Over Everything

Why would you be using RZTJ.dol when you play a PAL version of the game?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
th3_rul3r said:

[...]

REGION settings

Configuration Options

Launch GAME from DVD

[...]

I expected less from wiihacks to be honest. You maybe need the video mode patches, because the game does not contain NTSC video modes, ok. But enabling VIDTV patch and Country strings is stupid if you 1. don't know what they do and you don't, and 2. if they are not required. And it's even more stupid if you write a guide and tell people to enable them in this case. I don't know if anti 002 fix is reuired for the game if you use the wrong cIOS(as you do), if it's not, that's also stupid.

And you speak of a "simple solution", but you go through the hassle with alternative .dols from sd card while it's not required. With NeoGamma R6, you just enable alternative .dol loading from disc, select start game, select the .dol that is not the main.dol and done. Also your method requires direct copyright infringement even for people with legal a backup. Not speaking of one of my favorites "[Only Registered Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register]".

th3_rul3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
th3_rul3r said:

[...]

REGION settings

Configuration Options

Launch GAME from DVD

[...]

I expected less from wiihacks to be honest. You maybe need the video mode patches, because the game does not contain NTSC video modes, ok. But enabling VIDTV patch and Country strings is stupid if you 1. don't know what they do and you don't, and 2. if they are not required. And it's even more stupid if you write a guide and tell people to enable them in this case. I don't know if anti 002 fix is reuired for the game if you use the wrong cIOS(as you do), if it's not, that's also stupid.

And you speak of a "simple solution", but you go through the hassle with alternative .dols from sd card while it's not required. With NeoGamma R6, you just enable alternative .dol loading from disc, select start game, select the .dol that is not the main.dol and done. Also your method requires direct copyright infringement even for people with legal a backup. Not speaking of one of my favorites "[Only Registered Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register]".

umm that doesn't make it stupid just because you dont know what they do or if others dont. it does nothing to the wii to harm it, so why would it be stupid?
And it would seem to Forcing Disc and using the 002 fix is mainly what you need to do to get it to run right. Now I noted I ran the Jap version prior to the PAL. and I didn't say you have to use alt .dol for the pal version. that was for the Jap version

Benjay

Hardstyle Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
i'm not really sure you know who is Wiipower ^^
He may really know what he is talking about , much more than you.....
and he's right : half the options you recommend to enable are useless to launch the game.
and finally : the alt-dol trick has to be done for the PAL version too , except if you already played to the japanese version...

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
th3_rul3r said:
WiiPower said:
th3_rul3r said:

[...]

REGION settings

Configuration Options

Launch GAME from DVD

[...]

umm that doesn't make it stupid just because you dont know what they do or if others dont. it does nothing to the wii to harm it, so why would it be stupid?
And it would seem to Forcing Disc and using the 002 fix is mainly what you need to do to get it to run right. Now I noted I ran the Jap version prior to the PAL. and I didn't say you have to use alt .dol for the pal version. that was for the Jap version
Er you do know that WiiPower is the guy behind Neogamma - right? You dont have any issues because you have an up to date HDTV, not because of any of the settings - try toggling Force Vid or Country Strings settings - most of the time it will still work.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
th3_rul3r said:

NeoGamma is my loader, and i know what each setting does except VIDTV patch. And i'm sure it does not matter which setting you select for the mentioned options to get the game to work. But these settings can mess other games up, especially the video mode patches can render games unplayable. A 002 fix is required for the game, right, but the 100% working one is not optional, the anti 002 fix REVERTS the bad 002 fix(the one your cIOS does). Also watching the movie is required for all versions, and the easiest way for playing from usb is the alternative .dol from disc method in NeoGamma and other loaders.

th3_rul3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
th3_rul3r said:

NeoGamma is my loader, and i know what each setting does except VIDTV patch. And i'm sure it does not matter which setting you select for the mentioned options to get the game to work. But these settings can mess other games up, especially the video mode patches can render games unplayable. A 002 fix is required for the game, right, but the 100% working one is not optional, the anti 002 fix REVERTS the bad 002 fix(the one your cIOS does). Also watching the movie is required for all versions, and the easiest way for playing from usb is the alternative .dol from disc method in NeoGamma and other loaders.that I don't know how good Neogamma 6 is but I know NeoGammathat I don't know how good Neogamma 6 is but I know NeoGamma is Great! And I will state this I DO appreciate you making such a program/launcher cause it launches games that the other is Great! And I will state this I DO appreciate you making such a program/launcher cause it launches games that the other

I see...yeah I was going to come on here to state I have not a clue what VIDTV patch is too and that it really not needed to load any game..at least that's what I been noticing. I dont use that setting anyway for any game. I did state that I use that and the other patches but that was when I was trying every setting possible to get it to launch and I was so excited that I didn't even bother to see if it was the patches that did or not and your 100% right! I'm not going to argue that, especially to the one who made it! I don't know how good NeoGamma 6 is but I know NeoGamma 5 is Great! And I will state this I DO appreciate you making such a program/launcher cause it launches games that the other game launchers cant. So yeah I launch with 002 fix if needed and force disc or the wii if forcing NSTC doesn't work or if the game wont launch on its on..And since I did that alt dol and watched that movie I didn't have to watch it again on any game that uses that wii motion plus which I have 3 so far including wii sports resorts...I think there is only 3 anyway..Thanks for the reply though/the info and the launcher

And for someone who thinks I'm always think I'm wrong and following all my movements and what I say online. A big F U!! yeah you're so bright eh? so you should know what that mean.
It wasn't that serious and no one is going to die cause of a minor "oops I didn't mean to say that"..or w/e. I know what I said and then realise what I said and that you don't need them patches and that these settings only work if your TV supports PAL and Im sure there are some NSTC TV's out there that DO and dont have to be a HDTV. Correct me if I'm wrong there.
As for the confusion for some people who thought I was wrong for saying this works...idk what to say other than my bad?..I dont know what your TV is nor did I know if your TV supported PAL or not...since it DONT,why even bother trying the game? and or complain that it doesn't work on your TV[the settings I or any one else stated that is]Yes I notice some games you may not have to force..but a good majority do. I'm just stating from experience. I have a lot of games. idk I aint going to say much any more since some certain ppl like to point on any giving thing I say to be wrong, which is GAY. Regardless I been getting games to launch and let me guess that makes me wrong to eh? right.
I'm a n00b as someone loves to say.

Anyway,
Thanks WiiPower!!
im hope you understand where I was coming from

*** TH3 RUL3R ***

th3_rul3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh and here come the NSTC versions of past and current troublesome "PAL"games....Interesting

Oh btw after having some talk with my friend I completely understand what the actual issue is for most people, those who have the standard TV.
And for
Those games that gave us all issues before that are PAL and or do not have NSTC video modes at all or something like that. [Long day I lack recalling every thing well] but those games that wont even load at all not even on a HDTV like for example little kings story. [ugh what a pain!] I think I get it all now., at least I hope I do by now. I like how NTSC versions are now being release though..after such talk about PAL games for weeks now. It's Kinda funny.
But I shall see what this game is about..It's so exciting. LoL, not really but you get the picture.
And I guess for the most part I can see why people say I was in the wrong.
I suppose..
I cant be always right..at least exactly right.
and sorry, I got a bit irked at some point and time..and got argumentative do to seeing how people talk to each other,including me.
but...

HaPPy GaMinG!!
[do to the genius and making of these game launchers]
Next up is using usb loaders!..goody

***Th3 Rul3r ***

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu