bnwchbammer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I've noticed that when I go over to my friend's house to play some games her Wii keeps turning off.
It doesn't go to red or yellow off, but completely off.
It can turn back on if we unplug it and plug it back in, but it'll turn off again soon after.
If it helps, the Wii is generally always on its side.
It may or may not have been dropped times before, I'm not sure, it's not my Wii.
But is there an easy fix, would she be able to send it into Nintendo?
It's a virgin Wii as well.
Thanks for whatever help you guys can give.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And all the cables are secure? If not its sounds like a hardware problem. Most likely the only fix is going to be to call nintendo and send it for repairs. There pretty good about these type of things so it probably wont be a fuss beyond not having the system for a couple weeks.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ariellarae said:
Gordinio said:
Is it in a closet or something?

No! But it may have half fell down a couple of times.. It never hit the ground, just kinda hung there. Not my fault either!
I'll assume you're the friend the OP was talking about. Well, if it fell and hung there, sounds like the power somewhere inside the Wii is loose. Maybe a loose connection where it was soldered to the main board? I'm guessing as I've never opened a Wii before, but that's logically what it sounds like, as no light on the Wii at all seems to me like it's not receiving ANY power at all, meaning the connection between the Wii and the wall via the power cable is interrupted somewhere, possibly due to head from the Wii running for a period of time, making a connection loose. My suggestion is to send it in to Nintendo if it doesn't have modifications on it, or if you're feeling adventurous you can open up your Wii and take a stab at looking at the connections and possible re-soldering some for the power.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried another power brick? could very easily just be a damaged power cable if it has held the weight of the wii before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative