Hacking wii shuts down if a disk is inserted

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have any ideas why this is happening never did it before I have also revirginised to 4.2u assuming that it will fix it.

Also if there is a disk in it, I will power on it will go on and just before the warning screen appears it turns of

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
could be wrong but the symptoms match

priiloader v0.3 and/or priiloader v0.3b have a hardmod bug, causing the system freeze when a disk is inserted while in the main system menu (and only if ur wii is hardmodded).

If this described your situation, try reverting back to priiloader v0.1

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Athlon-pv said:
Malfunctioning drive mechanic.
How about powering it on and after you get to the Wii menu insert the disc ?

I have tried that and as soon as I insert the disk it switches off, but eventually it will come on but that is only after about 6 - 10 times and it never did it before I was on 3.4 when it started and revirginised to 4.2 and ran nandclean but no luck still doing it

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
that or uninstalling and then reinstalling

before i could send any decent test versions to the ppl open for testing their issue was suddenly resolved after reinstalling :/

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Daco said:
xflak40 said:

before i could send any decent test versions to the ppl open for testing their issue was suddenly resolved after reinstalling :/

good 2 know, i'll be sure to recommend that in the future should the need ever arise

cheers

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
could be wrong but the symptoms match

priiloader v0.3 and/or priiloader v0.3b have a hardmod bug, causing the system freeze when a disk is inserted while in the main system menu (and only if ur wii is hardmodded).

No hardmod, it is softmodded and I ran nandclean to get rid of priloader

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
nand clean alone doesn't get rid of priiloader, try reinstalling your system menu (or u can try uninstalling priiloader by pressing minus when in the priiloader installer)

not sure if its priiloader causing your problem, u may want to try uninstalling it PROPERLY, then reinstall it (especially if u dont have bootmii as boot2)

do u have bootmii as boot2? or a nand backup for that matter?

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
nand clean alone doesn't get rid of priiloader, try reinstalling your system menu (or u can try uninstalling priiloader by pressing minus when in the priiloader installer)

not sure if its priiloader causing your problem, u may want to try uninstalling it PROPERLY, then reinstall it (especially if u dont have bootmii as boot2)

do u have bootmii as boot2? or a nand backup for that matter?

Got bootmii as boot 2 but only did a nand backup after all this crap happened, so there I am pretty skrewed, I can't see preloader any where on my system though I know it was on there before but can't remember the version and even if I hold reset when I power on it does not go into priloader.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
hmmmm....

i am only going to suggest this because u have bootmii as boot2 (any1 reading this with similar problems, do not attempt unless u have bootmii as boot2)

1) make a nand backup of your system as it now (just in case we make the problem worse, we can always get back to the state u r in now)
2) get Comex's nand formatter HERE and read up on the details on how to use it, use that app, in conjuction with bootmii to format your nand and reinstall everything on your wii from scratch (ie. u will need files like EULA, Region Select, System Menu, Sys Menu IOS, and 2 other IOSs required to install the HBC, etc., just get them all from NUS)
3) hopefully this will solve your problem, if it doesn't (or if it makes things worse), just restore your nand backup from step 1. If it does work, u will need to reinstall the HBC using bannerbomb, then u can install the rest of the active IOSs using wad manager (u can use my NUS AUTO MOD to make this part easy for u). Then u can proceed to re-hack your system using a good guide

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
hmmmm....

i am only going to suggest this because u have bootmii as boot2 (any1 reading this with similar problems, do not attempt unless u have bootmii as boot2)

1) make a nand backup of your system as it now (just in case we make the problem worse, we can always get back to the state u r in now)
2) get Comex's nand formatter HERE and read up on the details on how to use it, use that app, in conjuction with bootmii to format your nand and reinstall everything on your wii from scratch (ie. u will need files like EULA, Region Select, System Menu, Sys Menu IOS, and 2 other IOSs required to install the HBC, etc., just get them all from NUS)
3) hopefully this will solve your problem, if it doesn't (or if it makes things worse), just restore your nand backup from step 1. If it does work, u will need to reinstall the HBC using bannerbomb, then u can install the rest of the active IOSs using wad manager (u can use my NUS AUTO MOD to make this part easy for u). Then u can proceed to re-hack your system using a good guide

Ok will try it tomorrow and let you know, thanks for your help.

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Daco said:
xflak40 said:

Ok I will try that to but how do I uninstall it if I hold down reset and it is not starting up could I jut reinstall it? And see if it fixes it?

Thanks

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DKAngel said:
just load the priiloader app and press the "-"button as it has an uninstaller then u can reinstall

Ok I have now installed priiloader and it seems to be working, it just switches itself off when I insert another disk for now I will try it again and let you all know.

Just want to say thank you to all that have assisted me

madclint

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
madclint said:
xflak40 said:
hmmmm....

Ok will try it tomorrow and let you know, thanks for your help.

have not tried this as yet as i can not find a proper tutorial or readme on Comex's nand formatter can someone explain this to me, i need to know exactly what to do and where to start I have bootmii installed as boot 2, but i am also thinking it might be a dvd drive error as yesterday it started all over again if i insert a disk it shuts down and i keep powering it on but if the disk is in in gets to the health screen and then shuts down, i will remove the disk and it will start up i then insert the disk again and it shuts down this is really annoying and all the disks i insert are orginals.

I am relatively new to all this but all the help i have been getting it is a lot easier.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont suppose you have a USB powered hard drive connected like a maxtor ?
I was having a problem with the whole system shutting down each time i inserted a disk while the hard drive was drawing power to run

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.