Wii Sd card slot error keeps popping up.

MM000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error "The Deviece inserted ub tge SD Card Slot cannot be used." keeps popping up when I put SD card into my wii.

The SD card is a 2 GB FAT32 and has the Partition style of MBR
This SD card works with my DSI XL

I've already tried blowing compressed air into it and it still didn't work.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good morning.😊

The error "The Deviece inserted ub tge SD Card Slot cannot be used." keeps popping up when I put SD card into my wii.

The SD card is a 2 GB FAT32 and has the Partition style of MBR
This SD card works with my DSI XL

I've already tried blowing compressed air into it and it still didn't work.

Did you have tried an other SD Card to test your Wii´s Card Slot is ok ? 😉

MM000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning.😊

Did you have tried an other SD Card to test your Wii´s Card Slot is ok ? 😉
I've tried it with 1 other SDHC cards that is FAT32 unsure if it was MBR, anyway it didn't work. I plan on heading over to my friends to hang out and check if my SD card works with his Wii. Do you know any common problems with the SD card slot and ways to fix them? Oh and also my Wii is up to date if that affects anything.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you.:)
I've tried it with 1 other SDHC cards that is FAT32 unsure if it was MBR, anyway it didn't work. I plan on heading over to my friends to hang out and check if my SD card works with his Wii. Do you know any common problems with the SD card slot and ways to fix them? Oh and also my Wii is up to date if that affects anything.
Not really,only SD Card Issues itself like non recognized SD Cards (because of the Brand) for Example:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/bootmii...at32-128-gb-regular-non-micro-sd-card.609392/

By the Way,on which System Software Version is your Wii please ?

Thank you.😊

Reactions: jeannotte

MM000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: The SD Card is fine, just tested it on my friends wii and it worked fine. Now I know that the problem is my Wiis SD card slot. Anyway to answer your question Alexander1970 it's the newest version.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Update: The SD Card is fine, just tested it on my friends wii and it worked fine. Now I know that the problem is my Wiis SD card slot. Anyway to answer your question Alexander1970 it's the newest version.
Yes has happened to me before.

If you have a CLEAN TOOTHBRUSH, damp it gently, and try to brush the inside of the SD SLOT, it's probably dust gathering there.
DO NOT BLOW ON IT. DO NOT CLEAN WITH WATER.

Just a nice rub with a damp toothbrush.

EDIT: YOU BETTER USE ALCOHOL. Forgot about that.

MM000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you have a CLEAN TOOTHBRUSH, damp it gently, and try to brush the inside of the SD SLOT, it's probably dust gathering there.

Thank you I will try this out some time, and also Alexander1970 thank you for finding that I'll order and attempt to solder it to the wii if JuanMena's suggestion doesn't work.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you I will try this out some time, and also Alexander1970 thank you for finding that I'll order and attempt to solder it to the wii if JuanMena's suggestion doesn't work.
Use a flashlight to look into the sd card reader if you see dust piling up in there, get a q-tip and insert it in there, if it's tight for it to fit in, use a toothpick and gently scrape the dirt/debris to the outside, repeat for afew times and make sure the pins are apparent on the inside and clean, then insert the sd card adapter and test again.
Also if you don't mind me asking, why are you using a 2GB sd card? Apart from that it has a much higher chance to fail/corrupt, due to it being atleast a decade old, sd cards are so cheap these days you can get 32GB one under 8~7$, and to insure that it would work correctly and to last you longer..

MM000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a flashlight to look into the sd card reader if you see dust piling up in there, get a q-tip and insert it in there, if it's tight for it to fit in, use a toothpick and gently scrape the dirt/debris to the outside, repeat for afew times and make sure the pins are apparent on the inside and clean, then insert the sd card adapter and test again.
Also if you don't mind me asking, why are you using a 2GB sd card? Apart from that it has a much higher chance to fail/corrupt, due to it being atleast a decade old, sd cards are so cheap these days you can get 32GB one under 8~7$, and to insure that it would work correctly and to last you longer..
I'm using a 2 GB Sd card because some Homebrew apps cant run on a SDHC (more then 2gb-32gb).

MM000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Going to start doing that in a bit. But quick question. How exactly do I clean the inside with a toothbrush? Do I have to open up the Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw