Wii Scrubber

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by snowmanman, Nov 5, 2009.

Nov 5, 2009

Wii Scrubber by snowmanman at 4:00 PM (4,081 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. snowmanman
    OP

Newcomer snowmanman Member

United States
    I've tried to find a decent tutorial on how to use Wii Scrubber for quite some time now and I must be doing something wrong because my ISOs barely change in size. I load the iso then trim it but there is only a difference of a few MBs. Is there something I'm missing? Please don't just tell me to google "wiiscrubber tutorial" I think we all know I've done that [​IMG]

2. smash_brew

Member smash_brew I may or may not have fallen

United States
    When you scrub a game this iso stays the same size. it just takes out garabage data and pads it with 0's. this allows the iso to shrink when its compressed, but its still a proper iso when extracted. To get the size down you need to compress it with winrar after scrubbing to get it to a smaller size.

3. snowmanman
    OP

United States
    Will my free version of WinRAR compress it like the one you buy, or do they make it worse to coax you into buying a full version? Also, will Cover Floader open a .rar file to play from a USB flash drive, or do I have to burn it to a disk?

4. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    The free copy will work. I´m not sure if anyone has bought Winrar actually xD

5. Riicky

Member Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    [​IMG] so true

6. Kwartel

Member Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Netherlands
    when you use a USBLoader you can also use the trim function. That way the ISO will be smaller.

7. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    When you install a game to a WBFS partition for USB loading, it automatically scrubs it when it's installed. If you're planning on using a usb loader there's no need for wii scrubber.

Most people use it to scrub ISOs so they can store them in case their backup disc coasters, or so they can upload it to torrent sites...

8. BBking83

Member BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    If you are using Windows and don't want to zip/rar it you can still compress it.

Right click Properties (on the ISO file) -> Advanced -> Check Compress contents to save disk space.

Although it will still say 4G, if you right click properties again it has:
    Size:
    Size on disk:

and they'll be different. Also, the file name and attributes change colour from black to blue.

EDIT: This is after you have scrubbed it, of course.

9. snowmanman
    OP

United States
    I compressed it with my free version of WinRAR and it only compressed it from 4.7G to like 4.5G so I'm guessing I did something wrong or WinRAR is better "paid".

10. BBking83

Member BBking83 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Ahh... What's the game? I know Metroid scrubs to 4.1G cause the the actual size of the game.

Did you scrub it first?? make sure you use the 0xFF and not the Trucha option.

11. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    They're exactly the same thing. All paying does is disable the nag popup. You probably didn't scrub it right or you didn't actually choose a compression level when you made your RAR.