Hacking Wii Scrubber

snowmanman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried to find a decent tutorial on how to use Wii Scrubber for quite some time now and I must be doing something wrong because my ISOs barely change in size. I load the iso then trim it but there is only a difference of a few MBs. Is there something I'm missing? Please don't just tell me to google "wiiscrubber tutorial" I think we all know I've done that
rolleyes.gif

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you scrub a game this iso stays the same size. it just takes out garabage data and pads it with 0's. this allows the iso to shrink when its compressed, but its still a proper iso when extracted. To get the size down you need to compress it with winrar after scrubbing to get it to a smaller size.

snowmanman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will my free version of WinRAR compress it like the one you buy, or do they make it worse to coax you into buying a full version? Also, will Cover Floader open a .rar file to play from a USB flash drive, or do I have to burn it to a disk?

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
when you use a USBLoader you can also use the trim function. That way the ISO will be smaller.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you install a game to a WBFS partition for USB loading, it automatically scrubs it when it's installed. If you're planning on using a usb loader there's no need for wii scrubber.

Most people use it to scrub ISOs so they can store them in case their backup disc coasters, or so they can upload it to torrent sites...

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
If you are using Windows and don't want to zip/rar it you can still compress it.

Right click Properties (on the ISO file) -> Advanced -> Check Compress contents to save disk space.

Although it will still say 4G, if you right click properties again it has:
Size:
Size on disk:

and they'll be different. Also, the file name and attributes change colour from black to blue.

EDIT: This is after you have scrubbed it, of course.

snowmanman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compressed it with my free version of WinRAR and it only compressed it from 4.7G to like 4.5G so I'm guessing I did something wrong or WinRAR is better "paid".

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh... What's the game? I know Metroid scrubs to 4.1G cause the the actual size of the game.

Did you scrub it first?? make sure you use the 0xFF and not the Trucha option.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snowmanman said:
I compressed it with my free version of WinRAR and it only compressed it from 4.7G to like 4.5G so I'm guessing I did something wrong or WinRAR is better "paid".
They're exactly the same thing. All paying does is disable the nag popup. You probably didn't scrub it right or you didn't actually choose a compression level when you made your RAR.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night