Wii scratching my dvds.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by OwNii, Nov 28, 2008.

Nov 28, 2008

Wii scratching my dvds. by OwNii at 4:50 PM (840 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. OwNii
    OP

Newcomer OwNii Member

Sweden
    Hello i bought my wii 2 months ago and chipped it.

But the problem is that when i play my games they get scratched but they still work but more and more i play it gets more so i am wondering if it is normal for modchip users to get their cds in or is there something wrong with my Wii.

I am using Verbatim DVD-R and burning in 2,4 and i already tried changing my Wii's position but it is still scratching.

So should i give the Wii back to the store and get a new, or is there a solution for this btw i still got 10 months of warranty.

2. vegeta4ss

Member vegeta4ss GBAtemp Regular

United States
    when you took your drive apart did you adjust the laser height in any way?

3. OwNii
    OP

Newcomer OwNii Member

Sweden
    I did not chip it myself so i have no idea.

But is the chip causing it?

Or could it be something wrong on my wii?

4. OwNii
    OP

Newcomer OwNii Member

Sweden
    Just checked my Wii sports game that i had in the wii box and it had been scratched aswell ( never played wii sports after modchip ).

So i will call the guy that chipped the Wii and ask him to remove it then change the wii at the store for a new one ( found out that nintendo lets you do this if you got some error so why not, even the box when i bought it was dirty so i bet something was wrong when i first got it ).