Wii scratching my dvds.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by OwNii, Nov 28, 2008.

1. OwNii
    OP

OwNii Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2008
    Hello i bought my wii 2 months ago and chipped it.

But the problem is that when i play my games they get scratched but they still work but more and more i play it gets more so i am wondering if it is normal for modchip users to get their cds in or is there something wrong with my Wii.

I am using Verbatim DVD-R and burning in 2,4 and i already tried changing my Wii's position but it is still scratching.

So should i give the Wii back to the store and get a new, or is there a solution for this btw i still got 10 months of warranty.

2. vegeta4ss

vegeta4ss GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2008
    United States
    when you took your drive apart did you adjust the laser height in any way?

3. OwNii
    OP

OwNii Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2008
    I did not chip it myself so i have no idea.

But is the chip causing it?

Or could it be something wrong on my wii?

4. OwNii
    OP

OwNii Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2008
    Just checked my Wii sports game that i had in the wii box and it had been scratched aswell ( never played wii sports after modchip ).

So i will call the guy that chipped the Wii and ask him to remove it then change the wii at the store for a new one ( found out that nintendo lets you do this if you got some error so why not, even the box when i bought it was dirty so i bet something was wrong when i first got it ).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice