Hardware Wii remote turns off after indefinite amount of time.

F. Lobot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My second player remote tends to turn off before it even connects, but I've found greater success turning it on mid-game. Still however it will turn off after a few minutes at most. Using any sort of motion controls, even light tilting, tends to immediately cause the problem. Any suggestions?

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hab problems like that with old or nearly empty rechargeable batteries. The Wiimote displayed 2 out of 4 for the battery status, but it shut off nearly instantly. Try with fresh non-rechargeable batteries to find out if your Wiimote is broken or just your batteries.

F. Lobot

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, I've tried several new batteries, both standard and rechargeable, that worked in the 1p remote but not this one. I tried cleaning the connectors with an eraser with no luck.

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried re-syncing the remote between the console and the wiimote?
There's the sync button next to the sd card slot on the console and the receiver button under the battery cover.

kazekun

Trophies
XP
Country
It can be the controler itself that is alredy worn out, causing that the baterys inside it are giving some incompatibilitys, like, you said that when you tilt the controler it happens often, well, maybe when you tilt the controler, the controller stops recognizing the baterys because they stop touching the iron inside or something, try check that, but, either ways, it looks like your bbest option is to buy a new controler.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker