Wii remote turns off after indefinite amount of time.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by F. Lobot, Mar 18, 2011.

1. F. Lobot
    OP

Member F. Lobot GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My second player remote tends to turn off before it even connects, but I've found greater success turning it on mid-game. Still however it will turn off after a few minutes at most. Using any sort of motion controls, even light tilting, tends to immediately cause the problem. Any suggestions?

2. NoOneDies

Member NoOneDies GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Check if the batteries are alright.

3. Gabelvampir

Member Gabelvampir Free Mars!

Germany
    I hab problems like that with old or nearly empty rechargeable batteries. The Wiimote displayed 2 out of 4 for the battery status, but it shut off nearly instantly. Try with fresh non-rechargeable batteries to find out if your Wiimote is broken or just your batteries.

4. F. Lobot
    OP

United States
    Nah, I've tried several new batteries, both standard and rechargeable, that worked in the 1p remote but not this one. I tried cleaning the connectors with an eraser with no luck.

5. F. Lobot
    OP

United States
    Will Nintendo fix or replace broken remotes? I bought this thing a couple months after launch.

6. Category

Member Category Trainee Romhacker

United Kingdom
    They will replace in a reasonable time frame, but if this remote was bought around launch, its probably out of warranty by now.

7. rad140

Member rad140 GBAtemp's "over quoter"

Canada
    Have you tried re-syncing the remote between the console and the wiimote?
    There's the sync button next to the sd card slot on the console and the receiver button under the battery cover.

8. kazekun

Member kazekun GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    It can be the controler itself that is alredy worn out, causing that the baterys inside it are giving some incompatibilitys, like, you said that when you tilt the controler it happens often, well, maybe when you tilt the controler, the controller stops recognizing the baterys because they stop touching the iron inside or something, try check that, but, either ways, it looks like your bbest option is to buy a new controler.