Homebrew Wii remote disconnects when using Vba gx emulator

4fire1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey again, so I’ve run into a weird bug of sorts at least I think that’s what it is. I can’t seem to run vba gx emulator channel via the Wii menu without it disconnecting my Wii remote(regular remote). If it’s though the Homebrew app it works just fine and doesn’t discconent my remote. After some trial and error I’ve realized that having my usb drive plugged in causes this issue but that’s where I’d like to have all my roms since I’m using a 1Tb WD passport drive. Everything else works the nes snes n64 emulators work it’s just that specific gameboy emulator that disconnects my controller and I’m forced to shutdown the system or disconnecting the source of all my roms.. any help or ideas would be much appreciated thanks. So frustrating xd

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey again, so I’ve run into a weird bug of sorts at least I think that’s what it is. I can’t seem to run vba gx emulator channel via the Wii menu without it disconnecting my Wii remote(regular remote). If it’s though the Homebrew app it works just fine and doesn’t discconent my remote. After some trial and error I’ve realized that having my usb drive plugged in causes this issue but that’s where I’d like to have all my roms since I’m using a 1Tb WD passport drive. Everything else works the nes snes n64 emulators work it’s just that specific gameboy emulator that disconnects my controller and I’m forced to shutdown the system or disconnecting the source of all my roms.. any help or ideas would be much appreciated thanks. So frustrating xd
Is it a forwarder channel? Maybe try a different forwarder.
If it's disconnecting your Wiimote and you're not able to reconnect it, it sounds like something is going wrong with IOS causing the Wii to freeze. Usually when you use HBC homebrew will be launched with IOS58 (you can check that by pressing Home in HBC), but it depends on what IOSes were available when HBC was installed/updated.
But, when you launch homebrew through a forwarder, the IOS is set by the forwarder, which could be a different IOS than what HBC uses.
That should be the only difference between launching it from HBC or launching it through a forwarder, so using another forwarder (one that uses IOS58) could fix the problem.
IOS58 is the recommended IOS anyway since it's the only one (besides cIOS) that supports USB 2.0.

4fire1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it a forwarder channel? Maybe try a different forwarder.
If it's disconnecting your Wiimote and you're not able to reconnect it, it sounds like something is going wrong with IOS causing the Wii to freeze. Usually when you use HBC homebrew will be launched with IOS58 (you can check that by pressing Home in HBC), but it depends on what IOSes were available when HBC was installed/updated.
But, when you launch homebrew through a forwarder, the IOS is set by the forwarder, which could be a different IOS than what HBC uses.
That should be the only difference between launching it from HBC or launching it through a forwarder, so using another forwarder (one that uses IOS58) could fix the problem.
IOS58 is the recommended IOS anyway since it's the only one (besides cIOS) that supports USB 2.0.
It’s so strange because I’ve never had this issue before until just recently. And it only happens if I have my usb 3.0 external drive connected otherwise it’ll run just fine without disconnecting my remote. It’s weird but I know for sure I use ios 58 and I only ever installed 249 and 250 to use usb loader gx which works just fine. Feel like scraping everything and just starting from scratch again xd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: How you doin xdq?