Hardware Wii Remote Accelerometer Problem (and solution)

Smack

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thought I would share this with the temps.

One of my Wii Remotes stopped sensing movement so I thought I was going to have to take it in for repair. Pointer, buttons, speaker, rumble all worked, just not movement. Let me preface this by saying I smacked the shit out of it in any attempt to get it working again. I call support and after establishing my problem with them I am given these instructions to try:

Take the Remote and smack it against your palm gently, button side down.

So I try it and sure enough presto it works. Very odd. I asked if this was a common problem and she said yes, lets hope it is this easy to fix all the time.

Anyone else have issues with their Wii Remotes?

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
XD

This would have been so funny back in the NES day !

Call nintendo ....

Nintendo : Hi
You : My Nes game "X" is not working, anything I could do ?
Nintendo : Take the cartridge with both hand. Take it to your mouth and lightly (hardly...) BLOW some air in it.
You : Ok, give me a minut.
Nintendo : No problem
You : SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
You : OMG thanks !! it works !
Nintendo : Yeah it have been proven by our tech-team of high technology search division, here at Nintendo, that blowing air is the solution to many NES problem.

anyway
wink.gif

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i had the problem also awhile back but fixed it by throwing the wiimote on the table...

Accelerometer sounds like a regulator for a particle accelerator. That makes me wanna play Infantry but sony ruined the crap out of that game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@