Hardware Wii Region Free ?

RRGHOST2006

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a softmodded TP Hacked wii running 3.2u firmware that can play ntsc backed-up games no problem my question is this :

Is there anyway i can play PAL games ?

Without ruining my wii I have always brick-blocked all games before they enter the wii
I do have a program called starfall installed that is supposed to keep your wii partial brick safe.

I have seen a program called region-frii but i dont know how well it works.

Thanks in advance .

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
I've never had any issues running PAL ISOs after using RegionFrii on them to change them into NTSC. The program works great and is really easy to use.
I also have StarFall loaded on my Wii and haven't had any issues playing PAL version games.

-FTen

RRGHOST2006

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I get starfalls menu up i read that you have to have a gamecube controller plugged into the first slot , and i do. Then i read all you have to do is hold in the Y button , and i have

But I still cant get the menu working

Also how can i get regionfrii installed on my wii?

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Regionfrii is a tool for your PC You run it prior to burning the ISO to change it's region.

When launching Star tool to install for the first time press the b + 1 at the same time a couple of times and it will launch into the starfall menu.

-FTen

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
have you installed starfall properly? where is it located on your sd card? if its located in "apps" folder then on your wii go into you hbc, lauch starfall/boot.dol, when the loader screen comes up press b and 1 together, this can take a couple of attempts, then select the skip disc update check... think it is the very last one, select it by pressing a, then press number 2 to install. (i recommend selecting the last 3 options to install)

RRGHOST2006

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that i have it installed already and i read somewhere you dont want to install again unless you take the old one out of there first.
And i dont want to be the idiot who bricked the wii because of not knowing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if in order to acess the menu with skip disc update you are saying that I have to be in the starfall install screen ?

or is there another way once it is installed.

its not a channel right?

once starfall is installed where is the main menu

hold y where at what screen

sorry for being a noob at this
I did hack my xbox to do the same
a while back.
However wii's
never

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Holding the Y button is only used if you want to go to the rescue menu aka auto boot a Wii DVD.

As seen below the last option in the StarFall menu after running the boot.dol file is "Skip disc update check", make sure that’s installed. Sorry for low quality, I screen capped it for you off a Youtube video.
starfall.jpg

Once this is installed you won't have any visual indication on your Wii system menu it is installed, just the knowledge you installed it.

-FTen

RRGHOST2006

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks i got all that now i set them all on thank you.

I have tried to play pal games using geck os and gamma changing configuration to force pal 50 and 60 and i have tried forceing vid patch and all this was done on a game using brick blocker then using regionfrii then buring i have used ntsc games no problem but pal i cant understand it..?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...