Hacking Wii reboots when accessing channels

C

CasperH

Chibistic said:
CasperH said:
Chibistic said:
OmerMe said:
Maybe he should try installing a certain IOS or something with bannerbomb?
Bannerbomb is the only thing you can access, right?
Pretty much, other than the Wii Menu, the data management and stuff like that.

@CasperH
No, I don't get any update messages. Maybe I need a game newer than Wii Sports Resort?
Don't you have 1 stored somewhere?
Nope, Resort is the newest game I have.
I mean an update message (you know, from the Wii Message Board)

Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
CasperH said:
Chibistic said:
CasperH said:
Chibistic said:
OmerMe said:
Maybe he should try installing a certain IOS or something with bannerbomb?
Bannerbomb is the only thing you can access, right?
Pretty much, other than the Wii Menu, the data management and stuff like that.

@CasperH
No, I don't get any update messages. Maybe I need a game newer than Wii Sports Resort?
Don't you have 1 stored somewhere?
Nope, Resort is the newest game I have.
I mean an update message (you know, from the Wii Message Board)
Oh... hm, yes, I found a letter from September telling me I can update the Wii.
I already updated, though, and my Wii's version is the latest (4.2E). Would it still matter?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
an official wii update updates more than just your system menu, they also update many IOSs (and stub others). If u can update, it may solve your problem, but it will also stub your cIOSs (if u have any). But it will leave cIOS250 untouched if u have it.

After u update, u can always re-hack your console.

Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Eh, seems like I can't update my Wii anyway.
When I click the 'update' button, I get a white screen with a few dots on the side (same thing happens when I regularly enter the Wii Settings).

Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
xflak40 said:
can u access wad manager or dop-ios mod using bannerbomb?

if so, use it to manually re-install 4.2 updates... follow the guide here
It says there I can skip the last 3 steps. Well, should I? They seem kinda... dangerous, also it says step 8 is not recommended at all.
Also, will this "erase" my modchip or something? :s

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
yea u can skip the last 3 steps (good job re. not blindly following the guide but stopping to think and ask Qs about what u r doing)

this shouldn't harm your chip in any way (but i'm not an expert on hard mods), especially if u re-softmod it afterwards

EDIT: u can also skip installing any stub IOSs, like IOS60 6400, nus downloader will tell u if an ios is stubbed once u select it.

Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
xflak40 said:
yea u can skip the last 3 steps (good job re. not blindly following the guide but stopping to think and ask Qs about what u r doing)

this shouldn't harm your chip in any way (but i'm not an expert on hard mods), especially if u re-softmod it afterwards

EDIT: u can also skip installing any stub IOSs, like IOS60 6400, nus downloader will tell u if an ios is stubbed once u select it.
Alright, thanks, I'll try this tomorrow (or maybe today).
By the way, it said on the guide you linked to that I can update to 4.2 using "4.2 Safe Updater". Won't that be simpler, or should I still follow the entire guide (excluding the last 3 steps)?

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u could use the 4.2 safe updater, but ur wii needs internet ... and it would suck if u lost connection in the middle of the update... I think u would be fine even if it did (because it installs IOS70 BEFORE installing 4.2 system menu).

I just prefer using wad manager and the offline method... its A LOT faster (but requires u set up your sd card with the wads beforehand... but u only need to do that once, then u can update another wii quickly in the future without needing wifi if the need should ever arise)

Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hm, guys, I'm kind of back to square one.
I can access the Wii Settings now (after following xflak40's guide), but I still have the rebooting-channels problem. Also my Wii freezes in a black screen when I try to activate a game. Like before.
I think I know what my problem was when I first tried to install 4.2 via WAD Manager (for the first time). I THINK I installed the wrong system menu (the wrong region, anyway).

Well, my situation is better than before, but I still need help... any suggestions?..
biggrin.gif

EDIT: WAIT. I forgot to do step 5 in the guide (the one with NandClean).
I'll try it now.

EDIT 2: Now that I can access the Wii Settings, shouldn't I update my Wii using a messege? Or does it not matter, now that I've "updated" my Wii anyway?
Also, what exactly does NandClean does, anyway? :s

Sorry for all the questions, I'm really brick-paranoid. lol.

Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Sorry for double posting, but...

When I ran NandClean (using Bannerbomb, since Homebrew channel doesn't work for me), and tried to delete DVDX, preloader and all that stuff, it said "Couldn't fine that file, sorry!".

Anyone know what's the cause? Or should I just try a different solution?

Chibistic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I know this thread is kind of old by now, but I'm still looking for help... :s

I tried doing a LOT of things people suggested in this thread, but I still can't access channels, nor games.
I tried activating Neogamma and GeckoOS using Bannerbomb, but it didn't work.

I can always try to update my Wii (either via disc channel or a wii message). But it seems kind of dangerous.

So, before I'll send my Wii to repair or something... anyone still got a clue what to do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since