Hacking Wii reading standard dvd disc

Euden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all, Im new here, now i've read the rules so im not going to ask for games, warez etc.

what i will ask is this:

I was told that older models of the wii could read games burned to a disc without the need of any modding, is this true? if so, what model would this be?

Euden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Riley said:
No. New wii's cant read burned discs since they have a D3-2 drive. Old ones could but you need to softmod.

very well what im trying to say is how can you tell if you have an old model? and what softmodding is needed?

Euden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay i've soft modded my wii with good success, i've also used dark corps mod to play backups from the disc menu without a loader, my question is now, seeing as this is a EU Wii, will it be able to play backups from other regions? such as USA or Japan? if not, is there a mod i can get that will allow such things?

Euden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
again can you link me please to the appropriate software, also is it possible to play gamecube backups burned onto a dvd+R disc? using the above method of just putting it in? if not why and how do play GC backups otherwise?

dbspanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have found a great site just for Wii info, Wii hacks is the name of it, there you will find all you need to do for anything. Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc