Hacking wii randomly crashes

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, maybe once in every 5 or so hours of playing, my wii will randomly freeze and emit a loud buzzing sound. The only thing I can do is hold the power button on the console until it shuts down. Any idea what the causes of this might be? If you need any more info from me, let me know and I'll find out what I can.

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just any random game. It's not a specific point or anything. Like, I played the new 007 game for a half hour last night and it froze. Started it back up and it played for a couple hours until I turned it off. It just does it randomly regardless of which game I'm playing. I don't know if there's a sleep timer, but I'm guessing that's not it since it doesn't seem to happen after a specific amount of time. What would I need to do check that?

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
it depends on what hard drive u have. Generally the drives are sold with proprietary software that u can use to enable or disable sleep timers and much more.
I reformatted the drive when I got it. I set it up before NTFS was an option so it's still on the nintendo formatting.

QUOTE(OriginalHamster @ Nov 23 2010, 04:32 PM) That happen to you with retail discs too?
I honestly don't know, the only time I ever use my retail disks anymore is when I pop 'em in the Wii to rip them. Before I modded my wii, though, I don't ever recall this happening.

VVii

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's your drives fault for sure. Get a new one. Get it exchanged like I did. Same problem happened to me!
Make sure you still have the receipt! Exchange it for a better one! (I got a Samsung Story 1TB)

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VVii said:
It's your drives fault for sure. Get a new one. Get it exchanged like I did. Same problem happened to me!
Make sure you still have the receipt! Exchange it for a better one! (I got a Samsung Story 1TB)
That holds a lot of weight coming from an account created directly before this post was made..

QUOTE(Nintendo_Chick @ Nov 24 2010, 01:17 AM) Does it freeze when it's loading something, or just randomly?
It's not specific to loading screens, if that's what you mean. The last time it happened was when I was running around in a level.

Eribetra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not specific to loading screens, if that's what you mean. The last time it happened was when I was running around in a level.
He wasn't talking about loading screens, he means when something loads in the game (like a ghost loading in in Luigi's Mansion).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.