OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
According to an articled posted here and translated on GoNintendo here there may be some hold ups in Wiimote production. The Wiimotes haven't passed quality control.

The production plant seem to have the following problems with the Wiimote:

- Fragile outer shell (ie. breaks easy)

- Button sensitivity problems

- Pressing two buttons together has problems registering unless you press VERY hard

- Strange noises coming from the remote in normal use

Until they get these problems resolved Nintendo can't give us a specific date on when the Wii will launch because they don't know themselves. HOWEVER problems like these are quite normal when a new product enters production. Hopfully the problems are ironed out soon, because if they aren't then it could hurt production and ultimately delay the Wii. But I doubt it would lead to that.

It's sad to hear they're having troubles.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
They went the way of apple I suppose.

I'd be fearful if Nintendo put a built in battery into the Wiimote that you couldn't remove, "Oh Noes! One hour max!"

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well people that played on the Wiimote never experienced these problems. Mass production only can give them so much trouble it doesnt sound like it will stop them from releasing the Wii.
But since it is the feature people buying the console for i hope they get it right.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey at least they noticed these problems before the Wii hit retail!
laugh.gif

We wouldn't want another DS Lite scenario...

I've said it before - IMO Nintendo are going the way of quantity over quality with the DS Lite. Which is a real shame, as they had such a perfect reputation for high quality products before the Lite. Hopefully after all the bad press they've been getting regarding the Lite, they've taken it into account.

I just hope the Wii is just as robust as their older products.
smile.gif
God knows how many times I'm going to fling that Wiimote into a wall whilst flailing it round like a mad man.
biggrin.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't confirm that it's true or not though... anyways, still wondering when the Wii is going to launch
I would think early November for early holiday shoppers. I would hope they'd have enough time for two major production runs before Xmas. I'd prefer they get it "right" over meeting a deadline though. That being said, the low price point compared to MS & Sony could really be a win for them in America at Xmastime since the economy over here ain't so hot right now.

Ha, and shaunj66: wouldn't it be funny if they had a built in routine to sense when someone was throwing the wiimote at the TV. Mario could pop up and say "HEY, watcha what you doing there!"

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo has to do everything in their power to make sure this game system is a smash hit and is praised by all the media. This is the only way the system can succeed. XBox 360 got some mad bad news due to overheating issues.

MajinGohan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That´s too bad.
I also remember the times when Nintendo Products didn´t break easily.
I´ve had my GBA SP for about 4 years now, I dropped it, I kicked it, I threw it, I soaked it with some fluid, and it still works perfectly.

Stupid New-Nintendo way
sleep.gif

yatzr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nintendo has denied these rumors
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/story/6109/
QUOTE said:
Nintendo confirms it will be ready to reveal full details regarding their upcoming Wii console later this month. NoA president Reggie Fils-Aime is already planning to clarify North American launch details including a launch date and pricing this September 14th at a trade-only event, while European announcements will follow the day after.

The company also went out of its [way] to deny a report suggesting their production partners are encountering troubling issues with the Wii and its motion-sensing controller. Based on these purported problems, the rumor claimed Nintendo would be forced to push back its launch announcents for the Wii, and possibly even the final launch of the console itself.

"The reports are entirely rumour and speculation. I can confirm that the Wii is very much on course for a Q4 release, as Nintendo originally stated," the spokesperson said.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That´s too bad.
I also remember the times when Nintendo Products didn´t break easily.
I´ve had my GBA SP for about 4 years now, I dropped it, I kicked it, I threw it, I soaked it with some fluid, and it still works perfectly.

Stupid New-Nintendo wayÂ
sleep.gif

New nintendo way? what the hell are you talking about... all Nintendo products are awesome, they resist everything! or almost everything. Plus as yatzr has posted now, everything is just a bunch of rumors...

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Good thing they discovered the flaws before launch this time, so they have time to correct them *cough*hinge*cough*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all